Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:28 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Yeah, I just purchased a new SRT Charger for $51k. I forgot to ask the dealer about their loaner policy so I emailed my salesman last night. He told me to let him know if I need a car when I come in for service and he'll see that it gets taken care of. I don't think the guy buying the $23k Dart is getting the same treatment. Such is life!
I'd use that $28K that I didn't have to spend when I bought the Dart and pay for a rental myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 01:00 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'd use that $28K that I didn't have to spend when I bought the Dart and pay for a rental myself.
LOL point taken. Hopefully your Dart won't break in the first place!

Old 10-01-2015, 01:05 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Quote:
LOL point taken. Hopefully your Dart won't break in the first place!
It won't break the bank ZING I kid...

Old 10-01-2015, 01:12 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
Quote:
Yeah, I just purchased a new SRT Charger for $51k. I forgot to ask the dealer about their loaner policy so I emailed my salesman last night. He told me to let him know if I need a car when I come in for service and he'll see that it gets taken care of. I don't think the guy buying the $23k Dart is getting the same treatment. Such is life!
I disagree. I have had moderately priced cars though they are pretty new and I have always gotten a loaner. Like I said at both Nissan and Chevy. I feel it is more the dealership then the cars price.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:05 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Yeah, I doubt it! The Dart guy isn't spending squat. Now the Viper buyers, I'm sure they roll out the gold carpet for them and chauffeur them around when they need an oil change or car wash! The cheap Viper at my dealership's showroom is $120K and yes my dealer does sell several Vipers a year....the only one in my area who does.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect a Hyundai dealership to give me a loaner. I really wouldn't expect any dealership to give me a loaner though. If they do, awesome, thanks so much! If not, that's my problem not theirs. I didn't buy a loaner rider policy when I bought my vehicle.

And for a vehicle to be a lemon in most states, you have to attempt to have the exact same thing repaired a specific number of times and not get it fixed within a specified period of time. Replacing a door handle only to have it break 3 months later isn't the same thing. It's not just any old repair for 5 years.....we'd all be driving lemons then!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:09 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
But you wouldn't look nearly as cool in a Dart!

I spent more on my SUV and love that thing! It was totally worth $55K.....seriously it was. How could one not love air conditioned seats? It's a beautiful thing in July with black leather seats. The Beast is sooo pretty. I'll be very sad when it kicks the bucket.....there better an even better seat of wheels around then! No spaceships like the Jetsons.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I disagree. I have had moderately priced cars though they are pretty new and I have always gotten a loaner. Like I said at both Nissan and Chevy. I feel it is more the dealership then the cars price.
I did mention on page 1 that I used to get loaners with my Mazda 6 so while it is possible, it's the exception.

I told my wife last night I wanted to buy her a Ford Flex and she was like no way! I want a luxury car that provides a loaner.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:13 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
When I bought my Prius a year ago I specifically asked if they'd have a loaner for me to use while they were servicing or repairing it. "Yes, just let me know when you make the appointment and I'll have one waiting for you," stated by the salesman and confirmed by the sales manager. I've had it back for servicing 5 times and been given a loaner (one of their newer used cars) each time except last week when I didn't need one. There's no better time to ask about a loaner than when the salesman is trying to sell you the car.

Cardiff, tell a salesman at the Ford garage what your wife told you about wanting a loaner. My guess is that he can make it happen.

I agree wholeheartedly about luxury models netting the owner a better loaner. With my Prius I'm happy to have a used car. With the luxury cars I've owned I've usually gotten a new model for a loaner.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 10-03-2015 at 08:22 PM..

Old 10-03-2015, 08:20 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
I have a 2002 Acura RL every time I take the car to the Acura dealership they give me a loaner car. I think the Service Department should also be looked at also when you're in the market for a new car.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:02 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,573,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah it was in for warranty work, for the 5th time, same issue, so yeah I was unhappy they were not a little more accomadating since I had yet to get a loaner car. I made it through, glad I have a 24 year old Cadillac to fall back on. Just had to deal with getting picked up after dropping off the car and taken back to it.

That isn't even the 1/2 of it, still say car is normal, nothing wrong, I am imagining things apparently (but that is totally off-topic and another issue), then say my aftermarket floor mats on the originals are dangerous and literally throw my aftermarket floor mats in the trunk on my clean items and put a sheet of paper in the floor that is moving around everywhere. Idiots.

That's absolutely right. This is only icing on the cake... one of the layers of icing.
Lemon it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive