Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 07:10 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
This is from on of those click-bait BS sites. Just read the actual text, its has no substance is barely grammatically sound. Just type any discontinued model + 2016 into google search and you'll get results like this site.
I don't think so I have friends that work for GM and they say the Buick GN will be made that's why they are expanding the Delta Twsp plant and the stamping plant we shall wait and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:13 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,722,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
I don't think so I have friends that work for GM and they say the Buick GN will be made that's why they are expanding the Delta Twsp plant and the stamping plant we shall wait and see.
Delta Township plant ONLY makes the big GM Lambda crossovers (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse). They are not going to all of a sudden retool the lines to build a random fantastical car that GM has already said is dead.

If anything, they'll finally build the Cadillac variant that they've been talking about.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:14 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,722,554 times
RE: the current Regal GS - it was more compelling before they detuned the engine. I think when it debuted, it produced between 275 and 295 hp, but now it's no more powerful than the regular Regal Turbo (255 hp).

Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,137,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
It's a nice looking vehicle.

But it has the same HP/TQ figures as the new Chevy Malibu 2.0t but way more expensive. I don't get it, it has the looks of a powerful performance vehicle but does not meet the standards of one. Do you think GM/Buick is hiding a more performance minded Regal or this is as good as it's going to get? Their are rumors of a new Buick Regal GSX but like I said "Rumors."

No hate I like the car...but I was just wondering what you guys think?

A Malibu LTZ will pretty much do the same exact thing as a Regal GS for a lower price. The better handling of the GS isnt worth the price premium Buick wants for the car, as there are many better options out there for the same price tag.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:04 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
A Malibu LTZ will pretty much do the same exact thing as a Regal GS for a lower price. The better handling of the GS isnt worth the price premium Buick wants for the car, as there are many better options out there for the same price tag.
No. Once again, you are looking at horsepower numbers instead of overall performance. The Regal GS and Malibu LTZ have the same engine with a different tuning map. The GS has significantly better handling and drivability characteristics. That is the point of the vehicle. One is a family sedan. One is a sports sedan.

The point is.. a Buick customer is not going to walk into Chevy and cross-shop the Mailbu and the GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
RE: the current Regal GS - it was more compelling before they detuned the engine. I think when it debuted, it produced between 275 and 295 hp, but now it's no more powerful than the regular Regal Turbo (255 hp).
IIRC, the engine is newer and better. Torque should be the same.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:04 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Most shopper in this segment doesn't care about the price since they will be leasing. The car has to be good looking, fun to drive, and feature rich. Cars like this gets a 1-3 yr lease then it's back on the used car lot.

Cars like this is better to wait and let it go on the used car lot of less than 1/2 of MSRP and then negociate for cheap. Domestics can't hold value.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:06 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Most shopper in this segment doesn't care about the price since they will be leasing. The car has to be good looking, fun to drive, and feature rich. Cars like this gets a 1-3 yr lease then it's back on the used car lot.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Cars like this is better to wait and let it go on the used car lot of less than 1/2 of MSRP and then negociate for cheap. Domestics can't hold value.
Correct. You can find this car for ~$25K after just 2 years.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:11 AM
46H

1,652 posts, read 1,399,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Correct. You can find this car for ~$25K after just 2 years.
or you can wait and by a new leftover for $25k.

The Regal is a mixed up car from a marketing stand point. It is priced as "entry level luxury" in the mid $30ks - similar the BMW 3/Audi A4/MB c class, but it is the same size and type of car as the BMW 5/Audi A6/MB e. In Europe it is known as the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, and they have put high HP, turbo v6s w/ awd in them. It is also available as a wagon.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:28 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
How is what Buick has done with the Regal any different than any other entry level luxury cars? Automakers moving towards 2.0L turbo motors with mid 200's HP in entry level luxury vehicles is pretty commonplace.

This 2.0L is also Cadillacs. Does that make them equivalent to a Malibu as well?

What about the plethora of Audi's which have had VW's 2.0T motor for years, or the BMW 328i's turbo four?

Maybe as a whole the Regal does not stand up to those vehicles, but it is not out of the ballpark against some Acuras, Volvos, etc, and certainly is following the same script all these luxury nameplates are using in this segment.

If the Regal has no point, then the segment doesn't. People buy from this segment. Thats the point.

Dodge will be happy to sell you a Hellcat if you care for nothing other than raw HP per $$.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:26 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
Delta Township plant ONLY makes the big GM Lambda crossovers (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse). They are not going to all of a sudden retool the lines to build a random fantastical car that GM has already said is dead.

If anything, they'll finally build the Cadillac variant that they've been talking about.
The camero is going to be built there for 2016 look it up

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...cles/26629089/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive