Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 10:26 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
One thing I always try to keep in mind. I am on the way to and from work and they are already in their office. Cutting off a big rig is equivalent to them walking in and taking a dump on your desk.
Cutting off a big rig is being stupid and dangerous. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Being cut off by a big rig means the trucker is being stupid and dangerous. Just because he's working does not give him the right to drive unsafely.

So no, I don't keep in mind that they are in their office and I am only on my way to or from mine. I keep in mind that we all share the roads and need to follow the rules and be respectful of each other. Whether using the highways as your work or just taking a joyride, we all have the same right to the roads.

Truckers aren't holier then thow and never screw up, make mistakes, or just flat out drive like reckless morons. There are plenty of them, like in all types of vehicles in all country's, that do make mistakes, screw up and just flat out drive like reckless morons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
IDK.... are they still using stimulants? Are they the reason my pharmacy runs out of Adderall?

Old 10-11-2015, 06:22 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
The point being made is that if all truckers suddenly quit driving, we would simply find a different way to keep things moving along. Truckers aren't anything special, and the fact that they are doing their job doesn't excuse them being a jerk on the roads. Everyone's job has value to somebody. It doesn't mean that it excuses a number of the things I see every day from jackass truck drivers.

So the argument that truckers hauled things from point A to point B and that somehow makes them angelic human beings beyond reproach is dumb and without merit. Let's face it, it's not exactly a difficult job.
^^^^This. With my added emphasis. Notice how all the trucker cheerleaders have had nothing to say about the irony of me pointing out how they ask for and demand that the motorists please give them courtesy all the while the truckers themselves are practitioners of boorish, obnoxious, self serving behavior.

It's on page 4 or 5 of this discussion, where I included a picture I took of the behavior in question.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:29 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Cutting off a big rig is being stupid and dangerous. Nothing more. Nothing less.
This, I also happen to agree with. But don't think of not cutting them off as "being courteous". Think of it as not having a death wish. Most people don't realize the physics involved with a truck. They can't stop on a dime the way your Miata can. If you get in front of a truck and both of you have to suddenly slam on your brakes for whatever reason, the trucker will walk away. You will become Purina Road Chow and scraped up with a putty knife. That SHOULD be just plain common sense.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:40 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Default Who are the bad truckers?

This is how you determine if a trucker is old school courteous or a newbie jerk.
As a car driver you should be flashing your lights to signal the truckers when they can merge after a pass. (good drivers do this because they know how difficult it is for the truckers to see especially in the rain and at night).

If the trucker returns your flash with thank you blinks, you know he is old school and courteous.

If he doesn't it's because he is not paying attention and doesn't care and most likely a newbie jerk.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:01 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
There's a street sign near Lake Sommerville in Texas. I'll pass on the name to those complaining about truckers. "Quityourbitchin".

Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
This is how you determine if a trucker is old school courteous or a newbie jerk.
As a car driver you should be flashing your lights to signal the truckers when they can merge after a pass. (good drivers do this because they know how difficult it is for the truckers to see especially in the rain and at night).

If the trucker returns your flash with thank you blinks, you know he is old school and courteous.

If he doesn't it's because he is not paying attention and doesn't care and most likely a newbie jerk.

I know they appreciate the flash after a pass, so I always do at night/rain. And I like getting all manner of combinations of blinks in return. lol

Old 10-11-2015, 07:32 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
^^^^This. With my added emphasis. Notice how all the trucker cheerleaders have had nothing to say about the irony of me pointing out how they ask for and demand that the motorists please give them courtesy all the while the truckers themselves are practitioners of boorish, obnoxious, self serving behavior.

It's on page 4 or 5 of this discussion, where I included a picture I took of the behavior in question.
Most of us refuse to waste our time with one who has little to no entertainment value.......

Old 10-11-2015, 08:28 AM

26 posts, read 25,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Most of us refuse to waste our time with one who has little to no entertainment value.......
Well said about some one who knows squat about the trucking industry one day they will scrape his ass up with a putty knife with his attitude. He's all talk on the keyboard he would not have the gonads to tell this to a trucker face to face he's a big man behind the keyboard.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:33 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,133,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

Good call! My business partner is a former truck driver (military, post office, and private industry, he's 66) and does this all the time, I haven't seen many respond with the thank you blinks in last few years. I point out all the trucks tailgating and he is not happy about it and mentions how trucking companies are all installing cameras pointing forward and one pointed at the driver now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive