Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times

Advertisements

Tbey are where the civics should be. Just buy a civic and jdm it- same damn car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 07:16 PM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
I'm the OP. I 1st was looking for a RSX type S and they were all high miles and high price so I expanded my search to include a Integra GS-R. Both RSX and GS-R's were modified where many won't pass smog, necessary here, Had salvage title with no price reduction, high miles with no price reduction, lowerd, repainted, aftermarket wheels.
I wanted stock not the above, I finally found a GS-R that was pretty stock for a fair price 163,500 miles $4,400, it has aftermarket wheels that I like, tires are 50%, battery is 3 years old, it has new cat back exhaust thats a little loud for me but I also like it. The kid I bought it from says he put the stock springs back in it but it seems low in the front to me but it rides like stock and I like the look.
He said it had a recient timing belt and water pump.
It runs good and is fast.
As soon as I got it it needed two AC hoses and now the air works good, it was missing a wheel lug and another was bad, that was surprisingly expensive, those two were $600.
It failed smog another $330 for a O2 sensor and diagnosis and test.
I realised the motor mounts were shot another $500 that included 2 rack boots. The original pain is shiney and I have touched it up in a few spots.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:18 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
The last one we had was a 2000 2 door Acura Integra. It drove and looked like it was new, until the day it was totaled in a multicar accident in June 2011, on an expressway. My daughter was driving it, and it was hit from behind, and spun, then hit again on the side. There were two other cars and an 18 wheeler also involved-started by a speeder changing lanes without regard who lost control of his car. Fortunately everyone was wearing seatbelts and no serious injuries. The trooper working that accident said there would have been fatalities had everyone not been wearjng seatbelts, and said my daughter took the right evasive action to avoid making it worse, otherwise she might well have died.

We sure miss that Acura, and I almost cried when we saw the twisted hunk of metal that had been our car, but I had to be grateful that my daughter made it through.

We also had 1991 Acura that was decimated in Hurricane Andrew, and a 1992 Acura that I imagine is still being driven by our old lawn maintenance guy.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:18 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Integras were built before 1994. I know, because it is one of the first cars I drove in high school. My parents' friend who was also an orthopedic surgeon had two sedans and let me practice driving on them on the way to babysitter's house. Before I turned 16 in 1992.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:26 PM

17 posts, read 32,941 times
Like many others, ours was stolen right out of our driveway. It was a beautiful dark green GSR. We woke up to go to work one morning and the car was gone. Found a day later totally stripped. The police told us it was one of the most popular cars for thieves. It was stolen a day after we took it to a full service car wash and we suspected an employee was spotting them. Lesson learned... don't leave anything with your address on it (like insurance papers, registration etc...) sitting in a nice car when you take it to a full service car wash. Great car!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I'm the OP. I 1st was looking for a RSX type S and they were all high miles and high price so I expanded my search to include a Integra GS-R. Both RSX and GS-R's were modified where many won't pass smog, necessary here, Had salvage title with no price reduction, high miles with no price reduction, lowerd, repainted, aftermarket wheels.
I wanted stock not the above, I finally found a GS-R that was pretty stock for a fair price 163,500 miles $4,400, it has aftermarket wheels that I like, tires are 50%, battery is 3 years old, it has new cat back exhaust thats a little loud for me but I also like it. The kid I bought it from says he put the stock springs back in it but it seems low in the front to me but it rides like stock and I like the look.
He said it had a recient timing belt and water pump.
It runs good and is fast.
As soon as I got it it needed two AC hoses and now the air works good, it was missing a wheel lug and another was bad, that was surprisingly expensive, those two were $600.
It failed smog another $330 for a O2 sensor and diagnosis and test.
I realised the motor mounts were shot another $500 that included 2 rack boots. The original pain is shiney and I have touched it up in a few spots.
$600 for two studs? $330 for an O2 sensor? $500 for motor mounts? You paid someone's rent and car payment.

Did he have a receipt for the water pump or timing belt?

You now have a $6K car.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:16 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Quote:
I finally found a GS-R that was pretty stock for a fair price 163,500 miles ...
I would get ready to change the timing belt. It is close to needed its second change by now. If you don't have receipts showing it was done I would do it pretty soon. If the belt breaks there is a very large chance you will need to have the motor rebuilt.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:44 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
I just bought a 98 Integra GS-R and I have noticed I just don't see any other Integras on the road at all and I live in the LA area where theres lots and lots of cars.
They made them from 94 to 2001 so thats 8 years and they were popular, they sold lots of them and they all look about the same.
I doubt that very many got junked or are sitting in backyards, where did they go?
You don't think many 21 year old cars got junked? Really?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:14 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
I started looking for them today and I saw four, a lot more then I was expecting.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:35 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
If you have an unmolested Integra, it will get stolen easily in many urban cities. The parts are in demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive