Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 02:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

underrated cars? how about this list;

1: the ford fairmont. people tend to dismiss the car, but remember this is where the fox body mustang started, as well as the aero fox tbirds. just about everything that fits the mustang also fits the fairmont.

2: the maverick. this car replaced the falcon, and was a neat looking car that didnt get the love it deserved from ford.

3: the falcon. this car was a big seller for ford, but has been dismissed lately, especially the 64-65 and 66-70 models.

4: the dodge dart. a neat car from dodge that competed with the falcon.

5: the amc hornet. again a neat little car from amc that gets dismissed far too often. they were economical and reliable, and comfortable to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 04:10 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The MVD says there is not one Tesla registered in the state. Wyoming has one though, it is kept at a ranch owned by a Hollywood movie star, that keeps it around to drive to town in the summer months. Winter they are worthless. Cold freezing weather and mountains drain the batteries so fast, you can't get between towns with them.
That may have something to do with why the time I rode in a Tesla was June 7th.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:16 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,386,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It depends on the year. If you are talking about the 2010s and older, than yes - it is Armada based.

The 2011+ is a different design based on the foreign market only Nissan Patrol and is a much better vehicle IMO. The first year of them, some had some front suspension issues - but after that a very solid vehicle.

The Patrol based ones are a HUGE step up. The Armada is woefully outdated and was not stellar to start with. When it first came out, it was average for the time. Now, it's picking at whatever scraps the Chevy Suburban wants to throw at it.

Hopefully a new Armada accompanies the new Titan next year.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:00 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
In very liberal southern Calif. every 5th car is a Prius. I woulden't be caught dead in one.
Surely you jest.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:23 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
The second gen Nissan Frontier. It's a good looking little pickup with decent powerplant. The resale values are all over the place, but not nearly as good as a Tacoma.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:37 PM

259 posts, read 522,490 times
Tacomas are definitely underrated in Chicago. It wasn't until I moved to the West Coast that I'd even heard of the Tacoma. Every other driver in Seattle-land drives a Tacoma, lol, so depending on area, it is underrated.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Surely you jest.
no, and dont call him shirley

take this;

and turn it into this

Old 11-23-2015, 10:14 AM

52 posts, read 96,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I drove the JEEP Patriot last week as a rental car....horrible car. wow
I was driving around Dallas on business in 2007 in a rental Patriot . It's good to see Chrysler stuck to their guns on this one and didn't get caught up in the hoopla of improving the model one iota to better compete in the market/segment.

And, I could not have critiqued the car as politely as you did.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:32 AM

69 posts, read 85,521 times
Japanese cars are underrated, lots of people say Japanese cars are boring and bland. But in my personal experience, Japanese cars are the best. Japanese cars are reliable, easy to fix, cheap to maintain, and the resale value is good.

Korean cars used to be not very good, but lately the Korean cars quality is getting really good.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:12 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I'll just say everything that Hyundai/Kia has made in the past few years. They are rating very high on reliability and design now but still carry that stigma from years past in a lot of people's minds.
I was at the local auto parts store.
Young lady drives up in a newer Hyundai. Less then a year old.
She was at auto parts store to buy a new headlight bulb.

Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive