Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude5568 View Post
Hey Guys ,

. Fuel costs are not much of an issue as my employer will reimburse me for that.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude5568 View Post
Also , I like the idea of commuting in a safe , luxury SUV . If I am spending 120 miles to work 5 days/week I'd rather do it in an SUV. Gas charges will be reimbursed so not that much of an issue.
Are you 100% sure you are being reimbursed for gas? Or is it mileage which is what people normally get reimbursed for? You may wish to recheck your contract. That could change everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 12:12 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Interesting thing. Most car companies demand suppliers find ways to continuously cut costs year over year on a specific part. For most, as long as the part continues to meet the form and function, the manufacturer can do anything they want and, by contract, do not need to tell the car company. That is how you end up with the Tekata airbag issue or the GM ignition switch issue.

Toyota, and to some extent Honda, take a different approach. They continue to improve the part and then work with the OEM supplier to improve efficiency in manufacturing and supply chain so they can cut the cost while continuing the same or better quality. Irregardless of the difference between Toyota and Lexus, that is a huge difference from other manufacturers.
Exactly. Toyota and Honda both cut cost and suffered from recalls and poor ratings. They have both bounced back and hopefully learned their lesson. My wife's 2013 RAV4 is great. Smooth ride and a great interior. Fit and finish are top notch. The current corolla is a huge step above my 2010 corolla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive