Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,764,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
So what you're telling me is... that it's perfectly fine for someone in their Civic to see me turn my blinker on 2 miles before I get to my exit so that I have time to get over and then when I find a hole they rush up to block it off?

Yep. Life sucks sometimes. They aren't required to let you over. Personally, I side more with the Civic. I don't want trucks in front of me if I can avoid it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Wow, I have never seen a car weave in and out of traffic or ride my tail! (Yes that is pure sarcasm!)

Old 01-05-2016, 01:21 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
I think it's because they sit up so high that their line of sight is over the top of most cars so they're not staring at the bumper of the car in front of them.
I notice that I drive differently when I'm in my lifted Wrangler because I can see so much more going on that's in front of me.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:09 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Yep. Life sucks sometimes. They aren't required to let you over. Personally, I side more with the Civic. I don't want trucks in front of me if I can avoid it.

Ok and I don't want small cars darting in and out in front of me if I can avoid it. So are you saying that I should block them out of those lanes and create a hazardous situation? I guess my point in all of this still goes back to people in small cars complaining about large trucks when they create many of the hazards they complain about. In reality, I'd venture to say it still happens with smaller cars but because they aren't towering over your smaller car you don't tend to pay as much attention to it.

If you don't like looking in your mirror and seeing nothing but my grille, don't dart in front of me and hit your brakes.
If you don't like me merging over on top of you, don't speed up to try and block me off and get in my blind spot where I can't see you.

Most of the people that I know in trucks like mine (not lifted, btw... just large) drive with caution because we know our trucks require more focus to drive.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:01 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
The key word in the title of this thread is "some".

I am very clear that lots and lots of pickup (and SUV) drivers have no good reason to drive a truck or SUV, and doing so is a foolish choice on their part.

Nevertheless, I don't think you can generalize about the drivers of any type of vehicle. I've seen extremely courteous and helpful drivers and extremely jerky drivers of just about every kind of vehicle out there. I don't see any point to a thread that tries to stereotype people based on what they drive. If you're a driver and you're a jerk, just stop being a jerk, no matter what you drive.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:08 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,532,838 times
Aggressive drivers drive everything. Ive been tailgated and cut off and witnessed reckless driving by every vehicle imaginable - small car, old car, new car, luxury car, sedan, hatch, domestic, import, minivan, SUV, pickup, box truck, semi, and motorcycle.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:45 PM

72 posts, read 294,218 times
Yeah, it isn't just trucks. I have an old mid-size sedan and I drive like an ass

Old 01-05-2016, 09:23 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,696,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
In my personal experience, the enormous grill filling my rear view mirror on secondary roads is usually a full size SUV rather than a pickup. A handful of pennies out the window does wonders for increasing their spacing.

In metro-Boston, everybody veers to any tiny gap the left lane without using their turn signals. If you leave any kind of a gap, somebody is going to take it. If you don't tailgate, you get someone cutting you off.
Seriously? How old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
My vanity plate says "GEOFF". How is that giving anything away? If you don't know my last name, it conveys zero information.
Now it conveys someone who throws pennies out the window as an act of vigilante justice... Mass plate or Vermont? Give us a hint as to what to look out for...

Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Betty the social worker isn't driving a raised pick up. We know the type of people raised trucks attract and it's not the guy who has read Sartre.

This is what your typical raised truck driver looks like: multiple tattoos on both arms, tight Under Armour shirt, goatee, buzzed or short cropped hair, Oakley sunglasses, backward hat., give or take ear plugs(think big fat earrings not items to dampen sound)..don't lie, you know this describes you

Last edited by azriverfan.; 01-05-2016 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-05-2016, 11:33 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Betty the social worker isn't driving a raised pick up. We know the type of people raised trucks attract and it's not the guy who has read Sartre.

This is what your typical raised truck driver looks like: multiple tattoos on both arms, tight Under Armour shirt, goatee, buzzed or short cropped hair, Oakley sunglasses, backward hat., give or take ear plugs(think big fat earrings not items to dampen sound)..don't lie, you know this describes you
Or someone who works for a living... Here's my F150 on a typical Arizona day. No, it's not a lowrider without a heavy load. It's a big ass 4x4 truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive