Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 04:07 PM

17,157 posts, read 11,993,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I can have plenty of fun without wasting my money on vehicles I hate so what exactly is your point?
Are you seriously trying to convince me or anyone else one cannot have fun without a tiny death trap vehicle that you hate?
I would contend that if you let fear run your life, you're not having much fun in anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 04:24 PM

902 posts, read 1,094,673 times
they made a hardtop version of this model (well the Pontiac version)

very rare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontia...11-13-2009.jpg

Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM

11,297 posts, read 16,588,776 times
Congrats and enjoy.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 PM

2,618 posts, read 2,307,388 times
Get that baby tuned correctly and it could be fairly fast.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:26 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,532,481 times
The 2.0 Ecotec could make good power. I'm not too familiar with the platform, but an ethanol tune and an upgraded intercooler to keep boost temperatures down surely couldn't hurt. RWD and pretty lightweight is a major plus!

Old 01-07-2016, 08:45 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,717,808 times
There always has to be one negative person in every crowd. Fine, if you don't like them, don't buy one, but why post your narrow opinions on others who really don't give a damn what you like ?

We have a few "small deathtraps" in our family, between my two Sons and myself (4 hot rods, a Mach I Mustang, a GT Mustang, and a Z06 Vette, and we wouldn't give up the thrill of what you feel when we push that go pedal down for anything.

But, then again, some people are happier in an SUV.

Don

Old 01-08-2016, 06:12 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,285,773 times
Here is the most common way to add power:

The Pontiac Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky Redline, and Chevrolet HHR SS are plenty of fun with 260 horsepower underfoot, and we can only imagine that the joy quotient increases as power improves. General Motors' performance division knows as much, and it's now offering an LNF Turbo Upgrade kit to kick its 2.0L turbo direct injection engine into gear. The kit consists of a new engine calibration and MAP sensors that will push your turbo four to 290 horsepower and up to 340 lb-ft of torque with the six-speed manual transmission (315 - 325 lb-ft with a slush box). The new factory turbo kit also keeps the precious warranty intact, which is a huge bonus over other aftermarket setups.

The LNF Turbo Upgrade also gives the GXP, Redline and SS the same "no-lift shift" functionality as the Cobalt SS Turbo, which enables you to shift without taking your foot off the accelerator. The kit also bumps the redline by 200 to 6500, but the hulkified 2.0L engine will now demand premium fuel to deliver its increased power delivery. The General is also working on a similar upgrade kit for the Cobalt SS, and it should arrive at your local Chevy dealer during Q1 2009. The LNF turbo kit delivers some added pop to three already fun vehicles, and it can be purchased at a GM dealer for $650. Is it worth the extra coin? It's up to you, but we're guessing it couldn't hurt. You can check out assembly instructions for the LNF Turbo Upgrade kit here.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:38 AM

1,333 posts, read 876,698 times
Quote:
I can have plenty of fun without wasting my money on vehicles I hate so what exactly is your point?
Are you seriously trying to convince me or anyone else one cannot have fun without a tiny death trap vehicle that you hate?

Quattrohead: In response to your post: I would NOT want a vehicle like that and there is no vehicle that is *sexy*.
To each there own, but FYI, these little death traps are quite fun. I'd be hesitant to call it a waste of money. Some people are willing to invest in a good driving experience. I give props to individuals who really enjoy driving and want to have fun every time they buckle their seat belt. It's hard for me to understand people who don't care what they drive as long as it works.

This car does seem rather sexy. I'd say that my RX-8 could have been sexy too. I considered my RX-8 manly, so I don't really wanna call it sexy as that would make some implications I'm not comfortable with.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:26 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,530,457 times
Quote:
Is that supposed to be Saturn's version of a Corvette? How can you be a parent to a vehicle?
saturn sky == pontiac solstice (they were platform mates)

i remember seeing a buick version at a car show many years ago but never released... perhaps gm closed the delaware plant and so no more drop tops (aside from corvette/camaro) ?

Old 01-08-2016, 05:16 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,532,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Here is the most common way to add power:

The Pontiac Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky Redline, and Chevrolet HHR SS are plenty of fun with 260 horsepower underfoot, and we can only imagine that the joy quotient increases as power improves. General Motors' performance division knows as much, and it's now offering an LNF Turbo Upgrade kit to kick its 2.0L turbo direct injection engine into gear. The kit consists of a new engine calibration and MAP sensors that will push your turbo four to 290 horsepower and up to 340 lb-ft of torque with the six-speed manual transmission (315 - 325 lb-ft with a slush box). The new factory turbo kit also keeps the precious warranty intact, which is a huge bonus over other aftermarket setups.

The LNF Turbo Upgrade also gives the GXP, Redline and SS the same "no-lift shift" functionality as the Cobalt SS Turbo, which enables you to shift without taking your foot off the accelerator. The kit also bumps the redline by 200 to 6500, but the hulkified 2.0L engine will now demand premium fuel to deliver its increased power delivery. The General is also working on a similar upgrade kit for the Cobalt SS, and it should arrive at your local Chevy dealer during Q1 2009. The LNF turbo kit delivers some added pop to three already fun vehicles, and it can be purchased at a GM dealer for $650. Is it worth the extra coin? It's up to you, but we're guessing it couldn't hurt. You can check out assembly instructions for the LNF Turbo Upgrade kit here.
340 foot pounds in a 2900 pound car must feel phenomenal! And to keep the warranty intact...it makes me want to sell my import.

It's too bad GM pretty much ditched the Ecotec. You can get it in a Buick now, and soon in the Camaro, but the Camaro is still going to be heavy compared to the Sky and the Buick...well it's a sleeper, but not really a tasteful sleeper in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive