Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 08:49 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Fixed that for you.
Ah, your true nature exposed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 09:23 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
My favorite Left land story was many many many years ago I was driving on an empty highway around sunrise. I was in left lane in my old Mercedes 450Sl cruising around 75 mph. By myself.
Sometimes you have to teach folks that you dont take pass 8 cyl German cars in Japanese cars.
I guess you really showed him.

I had a similar situation with 3 millennials in a late model import. I flashed the lights. They flashed - the middle finger - I sat behind them for 20 seconds or so before passing in the right most lane (3 lanes) shaking my head as I went around them to their continued 1 finger wave. I stayed right at about 80. They tried to overtake - unfortunately for them I had more power under the hood so I stayed just ahead of them all the way to triple digits. I started laughing; the passengers in their car started to laugh then they got off at the next exit.

Really I would prefer not have to get in such situations on the Hwy. They benefit no one. If someone wants to go faster than you just let them.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:30 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That can actually get you an impeding traffic ticket in CA if there is at least 3 lanes and a officer notices a stream of cars passing you on the right. He'll usually pull right up behind you and if you don't merge right he'll light you up.
It won't get me, since I was talking about other people who do that sort of thing, but I'm sure they would say something like it has never happened in 40 years of driving, and will never happen because they are intimately aware of the makes and models of every law enforcement vehicle used in their region. And of course, if they were traveling in unfamiliar states, they might modify their behavior until the requisite knowledge was in place.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:38 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It won't get me, since I was talking about other people who do that sort of thing, but I'm sure they would say something like it has never happened in 40 years of driving, and will never happen because they are intimately aware of the makes and models of every law enforcement vehicle used in their region. And of course, if they were traveling in unfamiliar states, they might modify their behavior until the requisite knowledge was in place.
Tense was wrong, not directed at you
We have Ford explorers that really fool people because they are expecting the usual cars and motorcycles.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
I drive in whatever lane I bygod want.

Don't really care what *you* want.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:50 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

If that "you" is a cop, you will.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:47 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
I once purchased a CMI Speedgun 8 (a popular police radar gun of the time) and installed it on the dash of my Corvette so I could see how it worked and how I could hope to avoid it. You should have seen the RESPECT that I got from my fellow highway mates. People moved out of my way like Moses parting the Red Sea.

I still have that radar gun, perhaps I should pull it out to make sure the lane hogs don't get too aggressive.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If that "you" is a cop, you will.
Been driving more than two decades and it hasn't been a problem. If it becomes one, maybe I'll reconsider.

But for now... why should I care which lane ya'll think I oughtta be in?

Old 01-26-2016, 08:35 PM

26 posts, read 39,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

Definition of a selfish driver.

I bet you refuse to let people out in traffic too, right? As long as it's YOUR right of way.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbosquee View Post
Definition of a selfish driver.

I bet you refuse to let people out in traffic too, right? As long as it's YOUR right of way.
Depends on my mood. If they're old or obviously having difficulty or something, then I'll let them in. Otherwise it's every man for himself.

But when cars are backed up due to a closed lane and I go right up to the end- people do let ME in. Whether they want to or not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive