Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 03:03 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,008,079 times

Advertisements

So, with the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) in full swing. Both Nissan and Honda unveiled new truck designs.

The Nissan Titan Warrior edition.

Nissan Titan Warrior Concept is an XD with a hardcore makeover

The Honda Ridgeline

The Honda Ridgeline returns for 2017

I've been waiting to see some specs on the new Ridgeline. To me, this looks a bit bland on both the interior and exterior.

What do you all think? I think Nissan really stepped up their game with the Titan. Of course, now they just need to overhaul the Frontier which has had the same body style for I think 10 years. I think Honda fell a bit flat from a styling standpoint, but from Honda, they expect it to be the safest and best MPG in it's segment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 03:32 PM

639 posts, read 580,712 times
I agree, that Nissan is balls. typical Honda, nothing that jumps out but will probably go for ever.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:07 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,688,487 times
The Ridgeline's interior looks to be much better, but that exterior is ugly.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,453,768 times
The Titan looks like a Transformer toy out of Toys-R-Us. Cheap plastic everywhere...

Old 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM

13,135 posts, read 21,050,414 times
Just for clarification purposes, neither of these vehicles are "Imports". They are both built right here in the USA. The Titan is built in Mississippi and the Ridgeline is being built in Alabama.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:14 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,155,031 times
I rather have a used Raptor vs. that Nissan

Old 01-11-2016, 11:19 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,957,980 times
The Ridgeline is still a joke and no, they didn't change much. It's still made on the CRV platform which means it's not built on a frame but is unibody. The anemic V6 is rated at 280HP with torque of 262 ft lbs. mated to a 6 speed auto. If you need a puss truck, this is the definition of one. Same crap, different bucket. Score Honda = FAIL AGAIN.
The Nissan Titan has a lot going for with one exception, it wears a Nissan badge. You can't say reliability and good fuel mileage in the same sentence with a Nissan Titan. Depending on your point of view, I'd add good looks to the list. The XD has a lot going for it conceptually. Huge rear axle, huge brakes, beefier frame and suspension, than any of the other half tones. But it still has an aging V8 that should have been put out to pasture years ago. The Cummins MIGHT be a decent option but it's still a Nissan truck. I doubt you see many.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:01 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,604,786 times
The Ridgeline is based on the Pilot platform. It is more SUV than pickup truck.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:58 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,155,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The Ridgeline is still a joke and no, they didn't change much. It's still made on the CRV platform which means it's not built on a frame but is unibody. The anemic V6 is rated at 280HP with torque of 262 ft lbs. mated to a 6 speed auto. If you need a puss truck, this is the definition of one. Same crap, different bucket. Score Honda = FAIL AGAIN.
The Nissan Titan has a lot going for with one exception, it wears a Nissan badge. You can't say reliability and good fuel mileage in the same sentence with a Nissan Titan. Depending on your point of view, I'd add good looks to the list. The XD has a lot going for it conceptually. Huge rear axle, huge brakes, beefier frame and suspension, than any of the other half tones. But it still has an aging V8 that should have been put out to pasture years ago. The Cummins MIGHT be a decent option but it's still a Nissan truck. I doubt you see many.

You are totally wrong about the Ridgeline sharing anything with the CR-V.

The last generation Titan was a fail and I'm pretty sure this one will be too. The truck hate fatal flaws from birth to death. The headers were prone to cracking. The A/C blend doors break requiring a $1500-$2500 fix. The front and rear diffs are made out of balsa. The telling part was Nissan never did any progressive fixes as the truck aged. It was a good looking truck I give it that.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:44 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,351,948 times
One thing the Diesel 1/2-ton truck demand tuned more for fuel economy then for torque/power has seemed to of died out Chrysler has many 3.0 Eco diesel Rams and Jeep Grand Cherokees on their lots they are having trouble unload and are steeply discounted right now due to cheap gas.

My question is are they still going through in offer a 4 cylinder Cummins diesel in the Titan it has been talked about for 4-5 years now have the gone through with it in the new model?

Is Nissan hunting for a fuel-efficient diesel engine to stuff between the fenders of its Titan pickup truck? Well, according to Automotive News (sub. req.), that seems to be the case.

Thanks to $15 million in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy, Cummins is developing a 2.8-liter four-cylinder diesel engine aimed at boosting fuel efficiency by 40 percent compared to the current crop of V8 mills in use in light-duty trucks.

Cummins is shooting for a combined rating of 28 miles per gallon, meaning that the diesel-equipped Titan would return more than 30 mpg on the highway without sacrificing power, since Cummins is reportedly targeting 220 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque.

The prototype engine supposedly cranks out a whopping 350 pound-feet of torque at a mere 1,800 rpm. Development of this fuel-efficient, oil-burning mill should be complete by September 2014.

Cummins developing 28-mpg 2.8-liter 4-cylinder diesel for Nissan Titan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive