Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 06:30 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,046,055 times

Advertisements

?
I don't think anyone has posted a fancy enough car here that it would be an impressive lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 06:35 PM

171 posts, read 140,882 times
Audi S5 cabriolet , 2012.

Likes -
Looks awesome as F.
Fantastic interior.
When it gets going , fast as F.

Dislikes -
At low RPM , feels kinda slow and sluggish , especially around town.
Mine does not have drive select , would have loved it.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:41 PM

64 posts, read 73,919 times
2006 Honda CRV (LE): Pros: AWD, handles great on snow/ice, comfy interior, heated seats, moon roof etc. Good on gas, super safe and reliable, also because the rear door opens horizontally it's very easy for us shorter people to load groceries etc. Bonus: the rear cargo area's carpet lifts up and reveals a functional folding table, so fairly easy to bring a portable picnic wherever you go. Cons: Despite 2006, came with a CD/Radio/XM/6CD changer and.... a tape deck? (as in casette tape) I thought those wouldn't make it into a 2006 model.

2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Sport dual cab: Pros: Rugged truck, smaller size is easy to handle and can park it anywhere, very handy when hauling, very versatile transmission with 4H/4L/on/off etc shifter, has done well off-roading. Very reliable and good on gas, no major break downs ever with regular maintenance. Reasonable tow capacity. Cons: Again- tape deck, very plain and dated interior for the year of the truck. No heated seats.

Biggest pro for both are they're paid off, or we would probably upgrade.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:54 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,351,655 times
My favorite was an 01 Eclipse GT that I bought in 05. Drove about 200 miles to get it. Test drove it and hubby kept saying, 'don't buy it, it's a POS'. But it was too late. I loved it the second I got behind the wheel. I'd always had 'responsible' cars, sedans and minivans. I wanted a sports car and LOVED the look of this. The interior had flawless black leather, black carpet, black everything and tinted windows. Silver exterior with a cute little spoiler on back and a sunroof. And when you hit the gas, it responded much better than any sedan or van I'd owned. I went back and handed them the cash, knowing it needed to hit the Mitsubishi dealer in Cool Springs the second we got back to TN. Hubby was TICKED. OH man was he angry that I bought that car. Which made me cry and made him apologize. Until we got to Chattanooga and I realized the gas gauge hadn't moved since we left the dealer. So we hopped off the interstate and I went to turn left and the car died. Everything, dead. OMG, no, no, no, no..... Yep. Dead. Had to call a tow truck and have it taken to his shop and went home with no car.

That started 18 months of dropping 12k into it. Two transmissions and then pretty much every single thing except the engine, the only strong part of the car. We argued over that car like nothing else. I told the kids, all teens by this time, I was putting hot wire around the garage that was hot enough to fry them if they even thought of getting close to my baby. Don't even BREATHE on my baby!!

Finally after putting all the money into it and bringing it back from the brink of automotive death dozens of times it was running perfect. It was a dream. I miss that car like crazy. Wound up giving it to my oldest daughter for her 16th birthday. She drove it a couple years and traded it in for a Dodge Ram. Broke my heart. I still have the VIN number saved on my cell and have thought many times of trying to track it down.

I can't tell you why I loved it other than looks and it was my first sports car. It was just 'me'. Regardless of what I spent to get it back to running properly (MUST have been owned by a stupid kid that tortured it), it was still worth every single penny to me. <3

Old 01-23-2016, 10:10 PM

6,324 posts, read 7,669,840 times
1985 Mercedes Benz 190D 2.2

great fuel economy (35 mpg)
reliable, never needs repairs
thing keeps on running, won't die

Dislikes:
gutless (72 h.p.)
really too small for my height
when repairs are needed, a bit expensive
thing keeps on running, won't die

Old 01-23-2016, 11:25 PM

3,604 posts, read 4,444,605 times
2014 VW Jetta

Likes: Exterior design is sleek and sophisticated, interior is comfortable and "user friendly", sound of the engine, gas mileage, 5 sp transmission, size

Dislikes: No temperature gauge, the gas gauge is completely digital with no needle and so the little bars fluctuate depending on how i drive. For example, if I'm driving at 55mph for a good couple minutes, the gas bar will go back up. If I star driving aggressively in the city, it goes back down quickly. Therefore it is hard to tell exactly how much i really have, and this is frustrating.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:28 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,345,208 times
Thanks for starting this thread, really a great idea!

2014 Acura RDX (their smaller SUV)

- Looks almost indistinguishable from the more expensive MDX, which I couldn't afford
- Very smooth ride, peppy engine
- No problems with it so far (knocks wood)
- Base stereo is acceptable and I'm picky about my stereos

Dislikes:

- The backup camera quality is poor; looks like a static-y old black-and-white TV
- It doesn't beep to warn you when you're about to back into something
- The styling is attractive but bland; looks almost identical to my neighbor's Kia Sportage
- It doesn't have an "Acura" badge on the back; just their logo and "RDX". For all anyone knows, it's a Kia Sportage.

Overall, I'm very happy with it; Acura makes a really nice car. Will be an interesting decision when my lease is up in Nov., whether to buy this one, get another, or go with something entirely different.

Last edited by Avalon08; 01-24-2016 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Added something

Old 01-24-2016, 02:39 AM

24,451 posts, read 33,116,977 times
1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

- Big and strong 472-cu-engine; reliable engine & drivetrain
- Thick and plush leather seats
- 133" wheelbase provides a very smooth ride
- The general styling and large amount of chrome
- Real interior wood trim
- Carpeted footrests in the rear
- Roomy trunk and large interior

Dislikes:

- Fuel mileage (about 11 mpg average)

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine (9-passenger)

- Magnificent overall luxury; an actual limousine. An attention-getter
- Big, smooth, quiet and reliable 500-cu-in engine; reliable drivetrain
- The 151.5" wheelbase and 252.2" overall length makes for an incredibly smooth ride
- The power-operated glass partition window
- The rear jump seats and footrests
- The combination of front leather/rear crushed velour seats
- Can see all four fender tips from the driver's seat
- The rear control panel (operates both rear windows, partition window, power door locks, reading lamp, climate control and radio)

Dislikes:

- Fuel mileage (10.5 mpg)
- Can be hard to park even though most parking lots in my area are big
- Being a limousine, the extra weight does affect acceleration; the 3.15:1 axle ratio helps somewhat.

1995 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Feels like a luxury car should... leather seats, plenty of room inside and in the trunk, good ride and almost 200" long
- Good longevity
- Easy to drive/steer; easy freeway cruising
- Good fuel mileage for its size and weight (4,010 lbs). Has averaged as much as 21 mpg.

Dislikes:

- The engine could use some more low-end torque
- The front seat is not quite as soft as I like
- Has more plastic compared to '70s and earlier Lincolns

Old 01-24-2016, 02:44 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,186,761 times
2001 Isuzu Sport. I like that it sits up higher. It gives the impression that it's bigger than it is. And it's fun to drive.
I hate how long it takes to warm up! Also hate how impossible it is to climb into the back seat.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:43 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,122,225 times
2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Soft Laguna leather, heated/ventilated seats
Uconnect
No gas cap, open the filler door and fill

Dislikes:
250 mi. range for a full tank
Brake dust

2007 Volvo XC90 Sport

Most comfy seats of any car
Quick with the 4.4l V8
Safe

Dislikes:
Needed a new transmission/radiator/power steering pump @ 75k
Thirsty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive