Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 10:27 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times

Advertisements

08 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Likes: Fast, blast to drive (that's all that really counts) 5,900 pound SUV that runs mid 4's, tops out at 171, and can go into 4LO. Turning over boost on, comfy, simple tune and secondary cats removed and I'll be 600hp+ range that I can drive year round. Porsche family

Dislikes: Air suspension system (just plain pointless, and has cost me a ton) Porsche pricing (sticker shock ended long ago, used to it now) not having ventilated seats, 10-12 mpg, only one company makes an all season tire, I won't get rid of it unless upgrading to a newer Cayenne Turbo S or Macan Turbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 11:34 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
91 Ranger
In my price range I look for very basic transportation. All I want is a vehicle with 2 seats and some space to hold bikes and stuff. The extra seats, doors, and roof on SUVs and vans are extra weight I don't need. The fullsize pickups are too wide, too high, too expensive, etc. It has manual windows. I avoid electric windows. That is luxury crap that costs money when the motor or switch breaks.

The transmission may fail in a few years, and then I may need new heads in the 2.9L engine. As inflation rises faster than my income, the next big repair may price me out of driving.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:43 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
2015 Prius 3

Likes: Economy and dependability. In 58K miles nothing has failed, and I get 40 to 50 mpg. Yesterday I drove 250 miles in snow and wind at 70-80 mph and still averaged 42 mpg. (In the summer that would be around 48 mpg.) I actually enjoy driving it around town, as it's quick, quiet and handles well.

Dislikes: Road/wind noise and poor handling in strong winds. It has cloth seats, and it's difficult to move my fat butt into different positions, which translates to long drives (250-mile legs) being uncomfortable. It also sets low to the ground, ~5" clearance, which means it doesn't do well in deep snow. My wife told me the other day that I needed to mount a snow plow to the front of it, and I said it already has one (front spoiler), but that it's fixed at 6" above the ground.

Not crazy about: Styling. Ugh! This includes the dash layout. But I can tolerate the looks for the low operating costs. The styling may be ugly, but it's very efficient.

It's about time to trade it, and I've been considering something different with AWD, more room and better ground clearance, but nothing else seems to come close to the Prius in terms of operating costs. I'm still undecided whether I'll be getting another Prius or biting the bullet and upgrading to something better for snow and off-roading. Or maybe I'll just drive it another 100K miles.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:50 AM

670 posts, read 1,442,249 times
2006 M5

Dislikes: 10mpg

Old 02-08-2017, 03:54 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
2014 Ford Fiesta. The only real complaint is poor visibility in and near the rear due to high windows and thick pillars, plus the fact that if the back seats are upright they touch the "ceiling", further cutting off visibility. Otherwise it's a great car for a single who wants to economize, such as myself.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:04 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer. Bought it new and love it. Never had a problem with it, and it has 130K miles on it. Now that the kids are older, I don't really need that much space, so I'll probably be moving to an Explorer soon.

Likes: powerfold 3rd row seats, air conditioned seats, power liftgate (power everything, actually), fold-flat second row, love all the space, adjustable pedals (handy when you're short like I am)

Dislikes: doesn't have telescoping steering wheel (although I think the new ones do) and no cargo net for the back. Mileage sucks, but I knew that going in to it.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
05 grand marquis, great car, there is nothing i dont like about it.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:12 PM

676 posts, read 726,157 times
I drive a 92 sierra pickup. I like that its pretty easy to work on and don't have much sensors and that it has an 8' box. I dislike the non moving stearing column and that its not an extended cab.

I have an 01 jeep cherokee too. Its great in the snow and most other driving. I as a big guy don't like how short the seat belt is. I also don't like the fact that I need to do ball joints on it in the cold before my vacation

Old 02-08-2017, 04:21 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
2009 RAM Laramie.

5500 pound mustang eater. (Not always, but it is fun to pick on kids in mustangs who think they are fast). 383 (I think) horsepower and something like 375 ft lbs torque.

4x4

Great pulling power. Frequently pull people out of ditches etc, usually without even having on wheel break traction. I once drug a minivan sunk up to its body in mud through about 150' of mud without even the slightest effort. Even pulling out suburbans is no problem.

Roomy for four large adults. Unusually spacious back seats.

Lots of nice luxury features. Heated seats, heated steering wheel, dimming mirrors, heated exterior mirrors, beep thing for backing up when you get close to something, engine information center, compass and temperature readings, remote start . . . etc.

Storage - under the back seats, in the rear seat floor wells, console, two glove boxes and RAM boxes built into the side of the bed walls. This is the only pick up with real storage.

Of course the bed is convenient for hauling things.

Moon roof (this is mandatory for any car of mine except convertibles).

Spacious, adjustable and reasonably comfortable seats.

neat bed light (do all new truck have these?)

Bright strobe flasher lights. People think you are a cop. I do not know whether this is included or was added because the truck originally belonged to a construction company.

Decent stereo. Ok so it is not as good as the bose system in my last car, but it sound great when it is really loud and sounds decent at lower levels. Lots of speakers (11 I think) and a sizable amp and subwoofer to impress your teenage boys.

Dislikes:

Uconnect. Terrible system. The newer version is supposedly better, but I cannot upgrade.

Cheap "leather" interior. (Actually it is mostly vinyl. The little bits of leather are nice, but there is not much of it).

Dodge Disease. (Stuff breaks constantly. Little things like latches, or the heater blower, not big thing like engine).

Headlights - not very bright. Also the housing is poorly designed and very cheaply made. Changing the bulbs is ridiculous.

If you go through a car wash, it messes up the 4x4 system and you get stuck in 4x4 low. Once it dries out you have to reset it by going through an absurdly long complicated procedure of pushing buttons and levers while turning the truck on and off.

16 Irridium Spark plugs. $400 tune up and they do not last 100,000 miles.

If I had bought it new, the $50,000+ price tag would have been a huge dislike.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
2012 4Runner: Love the size (not ginormous like Tahoe, etc, but bigger than CUVS), visibility, clearance, roominess, durability (a tree fell on it and you can't really tell), comfort, 4wd on snow, reputation for longevity/reliability.
Hate: Slow as F and has the scariest brakes known to man.

2014 SL550: Love almost everything about it. About to get a 2017 that also improves the Bluetooth pairing, which is really the only complaint I have. The 2017 will also let me drop the top or raise it while the car is moving.
Test drove everything else in or near this class and this car again emerges the winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive