Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 01:47 PM

3,028 posts, read 4,980,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's OK...

Those who don't understand will not be required to own one.

Apparently that's not good enough for some people. They're going to tell you how to live your life and why you don't need one. Expect many 'small penis', compensating, or financially illiterate comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 01:52 PM

3,028 posts, read 4,980,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
See below.

With the exception of the last point, pretty much any hatchback or CUV/SUV would also do the same, and have the storage space enclosed.

I did search and nothing on the first 4 pages came up, at least.
Which SUV can hold a motorcycle enclosed?

Old 02-08-2016, 01:56 PM

2,252 posts, read 3,041,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I just rent a pick up when I need one. Cheaper than paying the mileage penalty year round. Commuting with one seems rather expensive.
I do the same. Much cheaper than paying the increased gas cost and comfort penalty of driving one. Most guys that have big, lifted trucks in the suburbs only drive them as a status symbol. Very few I know actually go off-roading or use it for it's intended purpose of hauling stuff. Now if you do actually use your truck for work, good on you and none of the this applies.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:57 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,617,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Apparently that's not good enough for some people. They're going to tell you how to live your life and why you don't need one. Expect many 'small penis', compensating, or financially illiterate comments.

This. People drive what they like and what gets the job done for them. If everyone liked the same car, there would be only one type of car available. For some, a Civic gets the job done. For others, their lifestyle requires a truck. Are either of them wrong? No. Different, yes?

At the end of the day it shouldn't matter what someone chooses or for what reasons. I'll continue to drive my truck (apparently with a small appendage or some sort of appendage envy) and they can continue to drive their car. My point in responding to a lot of the posts was to clear up mis-information. Folks who don't know still want to spout off specs from mid-air.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:01 PM

17,188 posts, read 12,046,139 times
Lifted trucks rolling coal and driving like jackasses is just the current trend that's annoying a lot of people. Just like the fart can exhaust civics of the 90s.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:01 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,215,639 times
I do find it amusing when pickup truck owners don't want to use their vehicles other than city driving. They don't want to scratch up their vehicles by moving heavy/large items or go off roading.

Again this is not to all pickup truck owners, just the ones who refuse to use it for what's it actually built for.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Lifted trucks rolling coal and driving like jackasses is just the current trend that's annoying a lot of people. Just like the fart can exhaust civics of the 90s.

So you assume that ALL lifted truck owners "roll coal" and drive like jerks?

Do you know that the emissions delete kits that are designed for these diesel engines that allow them to "roll coal" also boost their MPG from 11-13 mpg to 18-22 mpg? Do I have the ability to do it? If I turned the tune up, probably.... do I? Nope. It's as annoying to me as it is to you. Just like it's annoying for a motorcycle or a Civic hatchback (or Corvette, or insert your car of choice) to cut me off because they assume that their driving skills are among the best in the world. The stereotype you just attempted to make is far from the norm.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I do find it amusing when pickup truck owners don't want to use their vehicles other than city driving. They don't want to scratch up their vehicles by moving heavy/large items or go off roading.

Again this is not to all pickup truck owners, just the ones who refuse to use it for what's it actually built for.

I agree with this, but hey... to each his own. Even if I didn't have a need for a truck I'd still drive one. I'm much more comfortable in a truck than a small car or SUV.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:08 PM

17,188 posts, read 12,046,139 times
Nope. But that's what's causing a lot of strife.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Nope. But that's what's causing a lot of strife.

For whom? You, or the general public? Is there a poll online somewhere that shows people are having problems with too many diesel drivers rolling coal on them? It almost sounds like you have a personal beef with one kid who rolled coal on you, so you are now trying to blame all diesel truck drivers for it.

It doesn't cause me any harm. I can't recall seeing more than 1 or 2 of those clowns since that became popular and I live in a city and state where diesel trucks are extremely common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive