Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 03:14 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,783,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
After much of a decade and 56k miles, my '06 Mustang GT didn't have any stuck buttons or worn plastics nor was it uncomfortable, slow, or cheap feeling. Your insults are not warranted, nor do they show the opinions of a well rounded enthusiast, but an elitist snob.
Ouch, the sensitivity and butt-hurt is strong on this forum. lol
I apologize. The mustang is a very comfortable car. I think I'll replace my bed with one.
Who said it was slow? Not I. I stated the opposite.
I guess when you wouldn't purchase every car imaginable, you are an elitist snob now?
What If I owned a Focus but felt the Mustang was uncomfortable? Still elitist? Didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
My last post to you...all I'm saying is, I can appreciate other car brands, even with my driving an "elite" ish car. But, don't knock something til you tried it Otherwise, you're going to miss out on a lot with your logic. Times have changed and car makers are putting out some amazing products these days, even the "blue collared" brands.

BTW, I'm actually more scared of my Audi lasting another 5 years moreso than I would be with a Ford, since a German car out of warranty is basically a ticking time bomb.
We can only hope its your last post because you obviously don't read mine. You're mostly just restating what I've already said or agreed with.
Again, I sincerely hope you enjoy your new 'stang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:34 PM

7 posts, read 5,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have been test driving the current crop of luxury coupes on the market. Primarily, I am drawn to them as I am looking for something which a sports car leaning driving experience, while being able to equip it with all wheel drive (Makes life easier in a Buffalo winter), and having a decent back seat where I can transport my daughter, who turns 7 next month, reasonably well. (This is not the family car, but it needs to be able to have the family in it).

So, everyone raves about the the cars in the luxury coupe class. I have driven the BMW 428i X-Drive, Cadillac ATS4 coupe, and Lexus RC300 AWD.

With all the magazine and individual raves of these cars, what a disappointing trio.

The BMW felt the sportiest and most fun to drive so long as it was in sport mode, but I never got past the howl of the run flat tires. Overall, I think it is probably the best option in class, but the amount of tire noise that came into the cabin, really did not make it feel like a $50K luxury car.

After the BMW, things fell off fast. The Lexus RC 300 AWD may have been the next best. It felt very eager to rotate around the middle axis of the car. That was fun, but the lack of any feel through the steering was not. So although I am sure it would grip turns well, the lack of road feel would kill off any confidence the driver would have in the chassis. Thats not a deal breaker necessarily either, but the lack of push was. It just never felt quick, even at WOT. Maybe it is because the 428 and ATS have turbos that give you a healthy kick, where as the V6 is more linear. Still, it did not feel like a lively powertrain. The interior was pretty busy too, with disjointed shelves, creases, levels, etc, to the dash and controls. It at least felt worth that $50K sticker price in build quality. Now, if it had a little more kick like the BMW and ATS's entry/mid engine options.

The Cadillac ATS4. If I could put this nicely I would. I cannot. It felt cheap. Unrefined. I cannot fathom how magazines think this may be the to sit in, and had a lot of kick from the turbo 4. The car moved fast and felt eager to be given a lot of power. It just did not feel like a premium or well refined car overall.

Ultimately, I guess I felt disappointed that these cars did not provide more of a wow factor considering their price tags.
I know its not a luxury coupe but try the new Mustang GT...its really well done..

Another thing you can do is modify the car. They are selling a base car, you can improve it with better suspension (coilovers), brakes, pads, tires, wheels, etc etc..

Old 03-01-2016, 02:56 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,775,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
And btw. As I said before, Cadillac ATS was the worst rental I ever drove. I hated it for 1600 miles.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive