Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:45 PM

505 posts, read 847,835 times

Advertisements

All I can say is, sucks to be you.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:56 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't kill anyone.

Hope you learn from your mistake and better yourself.

We've all made mistakes. Not everyone is a saint.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:08 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
I understand and I do compare it to that end of the spectrum.. I Alessandro thought wow, at least I was pulled over before anything worse could've happened to myself or other people. But still, I can't help but feel ashamed, depressed, and embarassed. If only I wasn't so stupid.. I could have just moved on with my life like any other regular, law abiding citizens :'(

Be honest. Are you really depressed because of what you did back in June, or are you depressed now, because the lawyer said you can't get out from under it?

Just go to the judge and own up to the mistake, take your lumps and move on. You'll feel better after that, put it behind you. and more importantly, don't ever do it again.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:15 PM

8,064 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
Hi all.. I got caught with a dui June 2015.. and it's been a long road..I hired the best attorney I could find in town and he just called me. Said getting the charges dropped might be hard after reviewing the paperwork and video :*( if anything, we can try to plea.. I'm so devastated!!! I know it's no one to blame but me being stupid.. but it was definitely during a tough time for me when it happened I'm only 26, have a great career going on.. and I just feel so embarassed for myself. :'( Seriously on the verge of depression because of this.
Look on the bright side; at least you didn't kill an innocent person with your stupidity. You SHOULD be embarrassed. Take it as a wake up call and try to do the right thing in the future.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:16 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Come on folks. He made a mistake. He admits it and he knows it. If there one person in this room that never did it? If you say no not me, than you did or do not now have a life. We all screw up sooner or later.

Oasis

Fortunately you did no harm to anyone other than yourself. Be thankful for that. All you can do now is stand up, take the punishment, and learn from it. Yes get a good lawyer and use what the system offers.

Sipping on a cocktail and wishing you the best.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:19 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Wow, keyboard warriors.. you're all a bunch of tough guys. Just wait until something like this happens to you.

OP, I am sorry this happened to you. I hope that this was a big lesson that you learned. At least you are taking responsibility for your actions. Do the time or pay the fine, be good from now on, and in the future, you can wait enough time or get an attorney to expunge your record (which will be expensive...)

Old 02-16-2016, 04:19 PM

403 posts, read 363,945 times
This is EXACTLY why I feel depressed and yes, have been depressed since june. It's been haunting me.
A stupid mistake like this will forever follow me with everyone judging, coming up with a preconceived opinion of this failure of a human being. I hate it.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:23 PM

18 posts, read 14,564 times
I don't feel sorry you either. You're an ******* for putting other people's lives in danger. You should feel lucky that you are not getting charged for vehicular homicide. Accept the charges, learn from your stupid, dumbass mistake & move on with your life.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:27 PM

403 posts, read 363,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Wow, keyboard warriors.. you're all a bunch of tough guys. Just wait until something like this happens to you.

OP, I am sorry this happened to you. I hope that this was a big lesson that you learned. At least you are taking responsibility for your actions. Do the time or pay the fine, be good from now on, and in the future, you can wait enough time or get an attorney to expunge your record (which will be expensive...)
Thank you, I'm a bit surprised at the responses on here myself. Obviously I don't expect sympathy but I didn't expect people to be so brassy either. It's like some people here think they are all better than me now because they never made a mistake, or never done something and got caught with it.

It is definitely a big lesson learned.. I know life will go on and things could have definitely been 1000 times worse.. like if I killed someone. Heck, I heard stories where people were just texting and driving and they killed someone. Now THAT, I can't imagine moving on with life. I am definitely feeling the repercussions but really praying for some miracle to come my way for my court date. Even if it does not happen, I hope they can see how regretful I am. Just embarassed because other than that, life for me is really good.. just can't believe something like this has happened to me

Old 02-16-2016, 04:29 PM

8,064 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post

It just didn't "happen". I drink from time to time. I DO NOT attempt to drive after I drink. It was a DECISION the OP made to operate a motor vehicle on public roads while intoxicated. There is NO EXCUSE; it didn't "just happen".

Why do you call me a "tough guy" for the truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive