Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 09:50 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know I could Google it. But, I'm hoping for some suggestions based on personal experience.

I need to use car seat covers in my truck because they're beat up and I want it to look nicer, plus I have a dog who gets wet and sandy at the beach and in the woods where we go walk. Plus she sheds buckets of little white stiff hairs that stick in everything. She's a rat terrier.

The truck came with car seats that are foam-backed fabric seat covers, and the fabric itself feels kind of foamy. I'm sure it's some type of synthetic. Not sure how to describe them. But, I just washed them and dried them yesterday, then I just tried using one of those lint rollers with the tape on it - and barely any hair came off from all my efforts. They're stuck in the fabric like stickers. It doesn't look at all like I washed or tried to remove the hair.

Has anyone found seat covers that would work for me? I wish I had leather seats. I'd like to not have to spend an arm and a leg, but if it's the only option, I would get out the credit card. I'm on my way to take the truck to the mechanic and it's embarrassing. I also occasionally take someone in my truck and I want to be able to get it clean looking.

Never taking the dog in the cab with me is not an option.

Thanks for any suggestions - well, that are helpful LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
I always just carried a blanket in the truck to throw over the seat when the dogs were along.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:05 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Is it a crew cab with a back seat?
If you have a back seat, a hammock style is great. It not only keeps the seats clean and with no claw marks, it is easy to clean and if you suddenly slam on the brakes, the dog will not slide into the footwell.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...rch_detailpage

If you don't have a back seat...can't help, my two malamutes are confined to the backseat.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:51 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
No, it's an extended cab, but she sits on the passenger seat and I have a harness for her so she won't fall out the window :-)

There's no back seat, unfortunately.

I used to have her in the back seat of my car and had a blanket back there, but with the truck seat, I really need something that will cover the seat and the back of the seat. I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive