Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:40 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,571,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Bingo, the OP was trying to do a serpentine through slow traffic. Not only that, he said the car he was trying to pass was only going 35 mph. So there was no reason for him to accelerate that fast. It’s incredibly easy to pass a car going 35. He would have only had to accelerate to 45 and he could have got past it easy. Which means the car in that other lane must have been going less then 45.

The automatic breaking system prevented the OPs aggressive driving. I love it. This should be required equipment on all new cars. It would stop a lot of aggressive driving and tailgating.
"serpentine through slow traffic?" LOL. Far from actually. Traffic was very light and was my reason for moving over to the passing lane as you're suppose to do in order to pass slower moving traffic. Accelerating once in the passing lane to keep up with the flow of traffic is what caused the CMS to aggressively kick in and override my breaking system in a manner where it could have created a dangerous scenario to myself and the drivers behind me. There was absolutely no imminent danger of me hitting the vehicle in front of me what so ever.

Learned my lesson with this new technology and disabled the feature. Problem solved! Now I can really drive like a savage and do things like pass people doing 35 in a 55!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 07:43 AM

3,701 posts, read 4,845,879 times
For some reason I thought of this thread yesterday while driving as I was in the same position as the OP, but on a 2 lane road. came upon a car going considerably slower and I did what I and many others do under that situation. Waited for a clear passing area and a dotted line to go for it and upon approach of the dotted line I sped up so I could quickly get past and back over. No need spending any more time then necessary in the wrong lane. Seems iff my car had this redicules modern technology, my breaks would have slammed on and the car behind me would have crashed into me. But thnk god I don't have any of those fancy shmancy sensors so all went well.

I brought that up because it doesn't sound as if the OP was driving reckless, though none of us were there. But even if he was, why would the sensor have the car hit the breaks so hard. Sounds dangerous as hell. Makes me not want to be anywhere near a newer car on the highway because who the hell knows what that computer will do.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:18 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,918 times
FWIW- Per Edmund's.com, Honda's collision detection system is too sensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive