Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 08:01 PM

11,154 posts, read 15,927,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
With Maserati, you need to qualify your comments with whether you're discussing a Quattroporte, a Gran Turismo, or a POS Ghibli. FWIW, I prefer the older style Maserati sports cars with the Ferrari engines from 10+ years ago, the Spyder & the Coupe'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
People know what we are referring to in this thread except you apparently as noted by your condescending post. Modern Maeseratis with the exotic exhaust sound, shark/catfish front end, & Gills on the front fender behind the wheel well.
Really? Your description fits each and every Modern Maserati currently in production, so my original comment still stands.

So much for specifying which Maserati model everyone is referring to. There's a huge difference between a Ghibli, a Quattroporte, and a Gran Turismo which makes comments in this thread such as "they are quite large cars would love to see how they compare to the new Jaguar XF-S" completely useless without specifying which model they are referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 04:04 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,784,183 times
Yes really and obviously.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:50 AM

2,324 posts, read 5,488,406 times
Anyone who ever bought a Maserati...or a Ferrari or a Lamborghini wasn't concerned with practicality or reliability. They are just damned FUN. I used to own a Maserati and, even though it was a pain in the a** sometimes, I loved it. I'd buy another one.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:03 AM

50,058 posts, read 63,405,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
This is the one I like the most, just not in yellow.
This looks like the one I saw. It was black. It looked classic, not trendy or angular.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:53 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,128,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I would just take a 2016 Chevy SS with 6-seed manual and magnetic ride control it is nice to have a sleeper that can act as a daily driver and bee comfortable and not stand out in a parking lot plus still have that lovely Corvette LS3 under the hood
I had a 2015 SRT 392 and it was just...too much. Too loud, too "look at me" and my wife hated it especially so I recently traded it for a 2015 SS. Mine has the automatic though, I couldn't find a manual anywhere. Maybe I'll trade again if there's a 2017 SS...

I love flying under the radar now. Literally, flying.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:31 AM

8,619 posts, read 10,996,451 times
one thing I always learned is there are a lot of haters out there...esp in this forum. Some people will simply purchase things that make them happy....sometimes there is no rhyme or reason

Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,246,721 times
I think most Maseratii? are now bought by people who don't know much about cars, heard the name Maserati from a rap song, and went ahead and pulled the trigger. As there are a lot of Ghiblis popping up in my area. Not to mention they look at a glance, like a Tesla or a Jag.

Money is and has been cheap for a while so I'm sure that these are all leased.

I'm just not a fan of GTs in general, but the Grancabrio MC is pretty nice.

And yes, I'm hating.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:26 PM

25,764 posts, read 16,379,252 times
What you do is buy a 2016 Chevy Camero RS and put a 60K Roth IRA in the glovebox.

After 5 years see who has had more fun with their car and which one is worth more.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:14 PM

24,473 posts, read 33,157,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Personally I prefer my 1969 Dodge Charger. Those new Maseratis look like a Toyota Lexus in my opinion. For luxury Imperial is my choice with the smooth 440 V-8.
I agree.

Something like a 1969 Dodge Charger (especially with a 383, 440 or 426-Hemi), a '70 Chevelle SS 454, a '70 Oldsmobile 4-4-2 455 or a '70 Ford Torino Cobra 429 would be more likely to get my attention.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:40 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,608,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
If by "women", you mean SKANKS & HOOKERS, then yes: they'll be impressed.

But if you're out to impress a female who's NOT a walking One-stop VD Shop, then you'll choose something which does not make noise.

The girl who'll give you venereal warts will LOVE some loud, zippy little skuzzmobile.

The ideal mother of your children - the one who will pass on valuable heritable traits to your offspring - the one who will actually be a valuable team-member, rather than just some feckless, parasitic little suckfish troublemaker... well... that female will be impressed by an entirely different sort of vehicle.

She will be impressed by a car/truck/SUV which does NOT SCREAM to the world. "I have much to compensate for. I'm from a really low-class family, and probably from a low-IQ ethnic group. I did not get enough attention, validation, or respect, while I was growing up. I have no consideration for the well-being of others, and do not care that my loud car may be disturbing their sleep. I have a bit of money, for the time being, and this is what I'm doing with it."
Issues much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive