Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 08:25 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,970 times

Advertisements

I'm disturbed by the fact that someone thinks the first thing to do with evidence of a crime is upload it to YouTube to show random internet users. What??? Why on Earth would anyone think that?

Give it to the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I'm disturbed by the fact that someone thinks the first thing to do with evidence of a crime is upload it to YouTube to show random internet users. What??? Why on Earth would anyone think that?

Give it to the cops.
How do you know that both didn't happen. I know it did in the case of the video I shared on this thread.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You mean an incident like this? Perp was arrested yesterday for this stunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ala_vAGJMkE
Shoot, we have people drive like that all over around here... Entitled bunch of Yuppies...

Old 04-15-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Shoot, we have people drive like that all over around here... Entitled bunch of Yuppies...
20 year old kid. My guess.. daddy's car or involved in the drug trade. Story about arrest:

QE2 lane-splitting incident leads to charge against 20-year-old Calgary driver - Calgary - CBC News

A criminal charge in Canada is a felony charge in the US. The driver is in for a world of hurt.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:22 AM

430 posts, read 639,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I was wondering this morning, laying in bed & daydreaming prior to the beginning of the day: what if I someday come up on a shooting or something right in front of me and I catch it all on my dashcam? Aside from crapping my shorts and getting out of there as soon as possible, what should I do with the video? It will be evidence in a crime scene.

I would like to (as) anonymously (as possible) upload it online & allow the world to see it. Or is there something different I have to do? Do I send it to the local police department? They don't need the original device or memory card, do they? I can just e-mail it to them.

What would be better: just uploading it on the Internet or sending it to a specific individual or agency?

If a video is public and it is used in a trial, I've heard that there may be tainted juries or the like based on whether or not someone had an opinion formed due to having watched the video before the trial. Or is that just a load of bunk and it doesn't affect anyone?

What would you do: upload it online as quickly as possible or just send it to the local agency?
Call the police immediately and make sure your device saves the video

Old 04-16-2016, 06:44 AM

8,058 posts, read 12,774,958 times
I'd probably make a copy and give it to the cops. I don't think the local news would pay a lot for it unless it was a national news story. (someone famous getting shot)

Old 04-16-2016, 08:43 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,151 times
All depends on who's doing the shooting. If it's the cops shooting someone unarmed, I think I'd turn it over to the news. In any case I'd download it to my computer, so the original doesn't get "lost".

Old 04-16-2016, 08:46 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You mean an incident like this? Perp was arrested yesterday for this stunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ala_vAGJMkE

Something doesn't look right about this. The driver of the blue car in the left lane is 'hugging' the line and the driver in the white car in the right lane seems to be hugging the shoulder. You would think one of them would have freaked out and swerved when the car came between them.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Something doesn't look right about this. The driver of the blue car in the left lane is 'hugging' the line and the driver in the white car in the right lane seems to be hugging the shoulder. You would think one of them would have freaked out and swerved when the car came between them.
Blame the victim syndrome?

BTW, the lane splitter got charged with what is a felony charge equivalent in Canada. He can well end up with jail time. Five years in fact.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:47 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Why would they swerve? I've had cars come up super fast on my side and I didn't need to swerve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive