Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 02:23 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,953,484 times

Advertisements

My wife stopped at a local deli to pick up an order and when leaving found a car parked behind her. She went back in and in a loud (and she is) voice asked who owned a blue BMW with a plate of *****.

When the guy in line admitted it was his and said he would be a five minutes as he was in line she responded 'I own a ten year old Nissan and it is capable of pushing your shiny car into the street or you can move it now, your choice'.

She got a round of applause from the crowd and he immediately got out of line and moved his car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 03:05 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
A local Walmart people actually make their own parking spaces up next to the building. It's not a designated parking spot it is a driveway for trucks to go through to get to the back of the building. But yet every time i go there is at least 10 cars parked there. People are extremely lazy and entitled these days.
+1

Let me guess...Do those lazy people then motor themselves around the store in the handicapped motorized carts, even though they are not handicapped?

Old 05-15-2016, 03:09 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
My wife stopped at a local deli to pick up an order and when leaving found a car parked behind her. She went back in and in a loud (and she is) voice asked who owned a blue BMW with a plate of *****.

When the guy in line admitted it was his and said he would be a five minutes as he was in line she responded 'I own a ten year old Nissan and it is capable of pushing your shiny car into the street or you can move it now, your choice'.

She got a round of applause from the crowd and he immediately got out of line and moved his car.
I like your wife already.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:44 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1

Let me guess...Do those lazy people then motor themselves around the store in the handicapped motorized carts, even though they are not handicapped?
I doubt it. Most people I know would never want to ride in a wheelchair, or cart. It's scarier than death to some.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:45 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
No surprise it was a female driver. Too many of them seem to be awful at parking. Maybe next time if you're looking and find the driver, tell them that their car is being hooked up and being towed away and most likely they will stop whatever they're doing and come out and look and then you get them to move?
That's a ridiculous, sexist, inaccurate statement. I have been driving since I was 15 1/2 and I can parallel park just fine, and I am sure I speak for the millions of women who can park at least as well as any man.

Can I pee standing up and squirt into a porcelain bowl? No.

Why do men make these generalizations?

Old 05-15-2016, 07:45 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,972,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I had this happen to me once and I felt so bad for the other car owner. Somehow with me trying to climb into my car, my car key 'accidently' scratched their entire front quarter panel, their door and a good chunk of their rear quarter panel. I did eventually get in my car unscathed. I also hope my door didn't leave too big of a dent. I only tapped it gently when I opened my door.
I worked in a small shop for awhile and was usually the second person there. I parked in the last spot by the street. All of the sudden the girl that worked after me was parking on top of me - no idea how she got out of her door as she was bigger than I am (I backed in, she pulled in).

I spent 3 weeks squeezing myself in, figuring it was a stupid mistake on her part. Then another two weeks parking further away, to no avail. She always parked the same distance from me. My passenger tires were on the grass and she was well over the line into my spot.

I finally got annoyed enough to open the door until it hit hers, and sat down hard. Same thing the next week. The following week, her car was miraculously back between her lines.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So there is only one door on the vehicle you drove today? Honestly, you chose not to use an alternative to get into your vehicle after knowing the owner was not going to move their vehicle so you chose to wait 10 minutes.
That means you have no reason to complain.
Really??

I get that it's your schtick to find fault with every OP, but this is plain silliness.

There are many reasons why someone might not be able to enter through their passenger door--and even being forced to enter through the passenger door or wait 10 minutes is reason enough to complain. Why should someone happily oblige in that situation and not complain? A few reasons the "alternative" might not work: pregnancy, surgery, back problems, dress clothes that don't accommodate climbing, a dress or skirt that doesn't accommodate climbing. A small car or low roof that is fine for sliding into, but won't accommodate climbing over the console. A broken passenger door. A large package or other item in the passenger side of the car. I'm sure there are many, many more reasons one might not be able to access the drivers seat through their passenger door.

And why, again, do you get to decide who has a valid reason to complain about anything?

Old 05-15-2016, 08:30 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
You could have accidentially spilled all your coffee at her her window when you tried to squeeze yourself into your car..
Can definitely imagine this happening...accidentally of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I had this happen to me once and I felt so bad for the other car owner. Somehow with me trying to climb into my car, my car key 'accidently' scratched their entire front quarter panel, their door and a good chunk of their rear quarter panel. I did eventually get in my car unscathed. I also hope my door didn't leave too big of a dent. I only tapped it gently when I opened my door.
Yes! That poor other car owner! So sad for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I would have stood beside her berating her in line until she moved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I would've whipped out my smartphone camera and given her 10 minutes of YouTube notoriety.
Thinking about these posts^^ and trying to imagine the OP's situation in my real life...

What if you "killed her with kindness" so to speak? When she said no, she was not going to move her car, I would love to calmly say, with a big smile on my face, "No? Well, since I can't go anywhere, I'll just wait with you!" And just move right along with her through the line, telling the people behind me in line "don't worry, I'm not cutting--I already have my drink, see? Just waiting with my new friend here since I can't leave until she moves her car" and just shrug, like what else am I gonna do? Then ask her all kinds of questions about herself, or just talk about myself "I work part-time in law office--of course, I'm going to be late today, but at least I'll have a new friend and a story I can tell all the partners about!"

It'd be annoying as heck, but the peer pressure from others in line might convince to go move her dang car.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:44 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,456,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Just get a LEO friend to give you a few tire deflation replacement spikes and keep them on you. Next time this happens just go up to the vehicle, drop your keys and when retrieving them put a spike or two into the tire thread. Walk away and wait until they come out and start driving away. Watch as their tires deflate, usually as they enter the road, and goes flat. They may never know why, but you will. Revenge is way under rated!

For the OP - First option is enter through passenger side if at all possible.
2) I like the above suggestion, but it's not something (even if you got one from LEO) that would be easy to camouflage deploying, (see what they look like online), on the other hand, it's easy to keep a handful of, say, 6D to 10D size nails in your trunk, which would be a handy and much cheaper option. A long roofing type nail would be ideal but they may be too short in length.

Make an attempt to get to your car, drop keys or some other pretense as you try to figure out a way into your vehicle and 'deploy' a few nails. You're happier, the service center they call on will be happy for the business and the tire dealer manufacturers are happy for increased velocity of sales.

Last edited by ciceropolo; 05-15-2016 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-15-2016, 10:57 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There is no evidence that there are a bunch of folks out there attacking and shooting people for stuff like this. It's a perception fueled by irresponsible news outlets that lead with the 3 violent incidents that occurred in a metro area with 4 million people. Violent crime is down significantly, but everyone thinks it's going up. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...rimemain_final
Telll you what .You follow your advice and I will stay influenced by what I see regularly on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive