Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,004 times

Advertisements

To get off the great K&N debate. I bought fuel line magnets in 1981. I put them on the gas line prior to entering the 1 bbl carb on my '81 Ford pick up with the 300 six. I still have them. They are currently stuck to the refrig holding coupons. I think the refrig uses less electricity with them on there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 08:25 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
The K&N design has been proven to flow more CFM vs. paper.
With K&N and a big chrome exhaust tip, you must pick up at least 20 hp.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Let me know when you can wash your paper filter.

I will say that K&N filters do sacrafice filtering ability

And over time you're likely to lose more in ring seal than gain in airflow.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:07 PM

174 posts, read 189,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I found this one on ebay this morning, and thought I'd do a search for it, so here it is.

The Fuelshark Won't Save You Gas Because It Runs On Bull****

Please add anything else you've seen, it could be interesting.
Here's a good one,
SUPER21 180 Gallon Treatment (4 oz) - Eniva

Had a GF who's mom sold the MLM vitamin and mineral garbage from them, but after I saw this I just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer. Pretty soon after that she was no longer my GF... :-)

Old 06-06-2016, 05:02 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambram View Post
Here's a good one,

Had a GF who's mom sold the MLM vitamin and mineral garbage from them, but after I saw this I just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer. Pretty soon after that she was no longer my GF... :-)
Wow, it "steam-leans" the combustion with "sub-microscopic water droplets". How is this stuff legal?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:30 AM

13,626 posts, read 10,027,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambram View Post
Here's a good one,

I'm just wondering how on earth this would relate to health supplements! The mind boggles, and even more after reading the BS.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:38 AM

13,626 posts, read 10,027,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Wow, it "steam-leans" the combustion with "sub-microscopic water droplets". How is this stuff legal?
That's a good point about any of these things that can't work. I don't think anyone is going to start funding research into not working things though, so it can be proven that they don't work.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:08 AM

174 posts, read 189,826 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering how on earth this would relate to health supplements! The mind boggles, and even more after reading the BS.

I think I actually said something like, "You know what fuel additive and colloidal mineral supplements have in common? They're both scams!" Didn't go over well, but it had to be done.

Same family also believed they knew a doctor who could cure cancer. Later they mentioned he could also cure AIDS, and I just about lost it (those two diseases also have ONE thing in common). It was baffling to me because the GF believed these things whole-heartedly, but was intelligent and seemed to otherwise have her head screwed on straight.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:41 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter if you swallow that pill or throw it in your gas tank, it aint going to do anything.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:51 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,902,882 times
I think the problem with K&N air filters is that people don't know how to properly wash and lube them.

The 1st time I washed and lubed, I thought I was fine (the filter looked good to go), but I left it on a plastic bag on my bathroom counter. The next morning when I was going to install the filter before work, there was a pool of the pinkish lube sitting there. I way over lubed the thing and all of that oil would have gone into my air intake system.

It looked fine, but was way to oily. If I had put that in, I would have hated my K&N, but was lucky and always wait a night before putting the lubed filter back into the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive