Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 01:51 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You should avoiding adding anything to the car. Intake and exhaust will have really no appreciable difference, only cost you money and you would be doing it because of people on the internet made fun of you and your car? Get over it and save the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
This.
Come resell time, it'll trade for even less than a non- modified Camaro. It's way cheaper to just trade up to a V8 than go throw parts at it trying to get it to act like one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
One of my 1st cars was a V6 Camaro. At first people thought it looked great, then when they found out it was a V6 you could watch the respect suddenly drain from their body. You could explain all day that the insurance is half the cost, payments are lower, just as fast as older V8 Camaros, or that you were thinking of buying a turbo kit and they would just come back with a half hearted "that's cool I guess".
Well, a couple of points:

- The performance exhausts do make a significant difference in providing a more muscular sound. See the video again below.

- I'm not trying to make the car appear like a V8, the V8 has a MORE muscular sound but the MRTv2 does provide a "muscle sound" in general on the car rather than the stock sound.

- I've had nobody ask me about the engine in person other than the chick I referenced and she only asked that after she was going through stuff on my dresser and found paperwork in relation to the car purchase. That's when she asked about the engine. But 90% plus of other women don't know the difference.

- The MRTv2 should add that muscle sound, I've listened to some in person over here in Michigan and I can notice a significant difference and they sound great. If anybody asks me anything in relation to performance I'm just going to say the Camaro produces nearly 400 HP which ISN'T a lie because it's at 340 HP right now and once I add the Performance Package from MRT, that will increase the HP to about 375 - 390 HP which is a lot. I don't even refer to a V6 or a V8, I say I have a Camaro. Plus, MOST PEOPLE do not understand that today's V6 for the Camaro is doing 330 - 340 HP which is what the V8s used to do. If you put a stock V6 and a stock V8 on the track, the V8 would win, but not by a significance! But MOST PEOPLE don't understand this and I understand that, which is why to eliminate confusion I don't refer to a V6 or a V8....I say I have a Camaro. When that MRTv2 there will be a muscle sound so nobody will even think to ask about an engine.

- To upgrade to the V8, it will cost $13,000 - $15,000 to get a 2014 - 2015 model, on top of doing the trade-in or "sell" transaction which would likely cost another $4,000 in losses, so let's say it would cost $17,000 - $19,000. OR, I would have to buy a 2010 model which I'm NOT going to do.

Take a look at these videos of the MRTv2:

Video 1

Video 2

Last edited by jotucker99; 06-19-2016 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 01:55 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
This is why so-called "bullying" is such a hoax and is so laughable. Poor baby. "I'm being bullied. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

Old 06-19-2016, 02:13 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,336,237 times
Go ahead and add that exhaust.

Then people can tell you it's a nice sounding ***** V6 Camaro.

With crappy looking rims.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:00 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,977 times
Well I don't know about you being a homo but I personally consider V6 muscle cars as fake. Unless you're just opting for the V6 because you want to get better gas mileage so that the U.S. is less dependent on foreign oil or because you respect our planet and the environment. Those are valid reasons that, in this day and age, need to be taken into account and are highly commendable.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:18 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
2015 Camaro V6 has 323hp, nobody accused the Z28 back in the 90's of being "weak" because it had 275hp. Just be thankful you don't have the old 2.8 from the 80's that had a whopping 135hp.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:57 PM

91 posts, read 96,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post

- The performance exhausts do make a significant difference in providing a more muscular sound. See the video again below.

- I'm not trying to make the car appear like a V8, the V8 has a MORE muscular sound but the MRTv2 does provide a "muscle sound" in general on the car rather than the stock sound.

- I've had nobody ask me about the engine in person other than the chick I referenced and she only asked that after she was going through stuff on my dresser and found paperwork in relation to the car purchase. That's when she asked about the engine. But 90% plus of other women don't know the difference.

- The MRTv2 should add that muscle sound, I've listened to some in person over here in Michigan and I can notice a significant difference and they sound great. If anybody asks me anything in relation to performance I'm just going to say the Camaro produces nearly 400 HP which ISN'T a lie because it's at 340 HP right now and once I add the Performance Package from MRT, that will increase the HP to about 375 - 390 HP which is a lot. I don't even refer to a V6 or a V8, I say I have a Camaro. Plus, MOST PEOPLE do not understand that today's V6 for the Camaro is doing 330 - 340 HP which is what the V8s used to do. If you put a stock V6 and a stock V8 on the track, the V8 would win, but not by a significance! But MOST PEOPLE don't understand this and I understand that, which is why to eliminate confusion I don't refer to a V6 or a V8....I say I have a Camaro. When that MRTv2 there will be a muscle sound so nobody will even think to ask about an engine.

- To upgrade to the V8, it will cost $13,000 - $15,000 to get a 2014 - 2015 model, on top of doing the trade-in or "sell" transaction which would likely cost another $4,000 in losses, so let's say it would cost $17,000 - $19,000. OR, I would have to buy a 2010 model which I'm NOT going to do.

Video 1

Video 2
You are clearly far too concerned about how others view your car. You are getting a pair of $600 pipes so people won't confuse your car for what it is (a V6 Camaro). You are getting a "performance package" so that you can CLAIM your car makes nearly 400HP. You get 24 inch chrome rims that scream "look at me!" and most likely ride like crap. Are you not receiving enough validation in other parts of your life?

If I were you, I would pick up a $10 SS badge from Amazon and call it a day.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:38 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
- The MRTv2 should add that muscle sound, I've listened to some in person over here in Michigan and I can notice a significant difference and they sound great. If anybody asks me anything in relation to performance I'm just going to say the Camaro produces nearly 400 HP which ISN'T a lie because it's at 340 HP right now and once I add the Performance Package from MRT, that will increase the HP to about 375 - 390 HP which is a lot. I don't even refer to a V6 or a V8, I say I have a Camaro. Plus, MOST PEOPLE do not understand that today's V6 for the Camaro is doing 330 - 340 HP which is what the V8s used to do. If you put a stock V6 and a stock V8 on the track, the V8 would win, but not by a significance! But MOST PEOPLE don't understand this and I understand that
Wow. You are smoking some great stuff if you think a 323 horsepower car (and a non-turbo car at that) is going to get anywhere near 400hp from an exhaust.

You'll be lucky to pick up 10hp, MAX from it. Something you clearly DON'T understand is that the old V8 Camaros had 325hp... but they also had 335-350 lb ft of torque. Your V6 isn't even cracking 280.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:22 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Well I don't know about you being a homo but I personally consider V6 muscle cars as fake.
There's no such thing as a V6 Muscle Car. If you understand the history of Camaros, there were pony and muscle car versions. Muscle car versions had 8 or more cylinders, however, a lot of people do not consider the Camaro as a muscle car in any cylinder formation.

But I base my stance on Wikipedia and the other sources I've used. My Camaro version is a PONY car, which is exactly what I was looking for in buying it. Pony cars are affordable, compact cars, with a highly styled "sporty image".

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Unless you're just opting for the V6 because you want to get better gas mileage so that the U.S. is less dependent on foreign oil or because you respect our planet and the environment. Those are valid reasons that, in this day and age, need to be taken into account and are highly commendable.
I got the V6 because I don't RACE, so having over 400 HP wasn't required. Having more torque wasn't required. It's a DAILY DRIVER car. In addition, 5 - 6 months of the year I will have on my 24 inch wheels, so I can't RACE anyway.

The only thing that attracts me to a V8 Camaro is the muscular car sound, but I can add a similar sound with the MRTv2 and that's what I'm going to do.

My Camaro and accessories are all paid out of pocket 100%. Many guys are paying off their V6 on a $300 plus monthly payment or their V8 on a $500 plus monthly payment. I believe a car is a DEPRECIATING asset and I wasn't going to spend more than $20k - $21k on a car purchase this time around, and I wasn't buying anything older than a 2 year old car. So that put me at a 2014 - 2015 Camaro with the V6 package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KattyInvest View Post
You are clearly far too concerned about how others view your car.
It is what it is. The reality though is that the vast majority of people in REAL LIFE give me a mass amount of compliments, random stares, etc. It's only a sub-section on the internet that stress about V8 engines and what they believe a "real Camaro" to be....I disagree with them. Every Camaro does NOT have to be muscle car based on the traditional definition and there's even a lot of people that do not believe ANY version of the Camaro is a muscle car...they believe they are all Pony Cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KattyInvest View Post
You are getting a pair of $600 pipes so people won't confuse your car for what it is (a V6 Camaro). You are getting a "performance package" so that you can CLAIM your car makes nearly 400HP.
No, I'm getting the MRTv2 because it sounds better than the stock, adds a general muscle tone to my vehicle, and helps improve fuel economy. I never said I was going to pretend the car was a V8, I personally DO NOT want a Camaro V8. When I get to the point of spending $35,000 - $40,000 on a car, it won't be a CAMARO, it will be in a luxury model area.

If I want a Camaro V8, I CAN GO GET ONE TOMORROW. I didn't get it before and I'm not getting it "tomorrow" because I feel as though the additional $13k - $15k in costs is a WASTE because I'm NEVER going to be in a situation to use all of that damn HP. And I'm not paying $13k - $15k for the V8 MUSCLE SOUND, when I can get a MRTv2 to give me a "similar sound" for less than 10% of said additional costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Wow. You are smoking some great stuff if you think a 323 horsepower car (and a non-turbo car at that) is going to get anywhere near 400hp from an exhaust.
I don't know how much HP it will pick up from the entire system, BTW you have the exhaust itself (axleback), then you have the exhaust system (catback), then you have performance packages, then you have turbo packages, then you have superchargers.

Nobody I run into on the street will know how much HP it gets. Like I said, I will just SAY it gets a range of HP, it's really nobody's business and nobody has yet to ask me about anything like that.

Quote:
Something you clearly DON'T understand is that the old V8 Camaros had 325hp... but they also had 335-350 lb ft of torque. Your V6 isn't even cracking 280.
WHO cares? What point of I'm not RACING the car do you not understand lol? The Car is for SHOW. The Car is for LOOKS. That's it. It's to get you to turn your damn head and look at me coming down the road.........and it does the job.

BTW, what type of car do you have? Care to post pics?

Last edited by jotucker99; 06-19-2016 at 07:31 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 07:23 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,336,237 times
Quote:

You'll be lucky to pick up 10hp, MAX from it. Something you clearly DON'T understand is that the old V8 Camaros had 325hp... but they also had 335-350 lb ft of torque. Your V6 isn't even cracking 280.
True, horsepower numbers can be deceiving but something most novice car enthusiasts seem to focus on.

Torque is far more important for the driving that most of us do with our cars and is what is needed to really showcase a "fast" car.

Nice post.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:24 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:

Video 1

Video 2

I don't need to listen to videos of exhaust systems. You said you weren't a car person so why are you trying to be? Because a girl gave you a hard time and some folks on the Internet did too? That's about the weakest rationale I've ever encountered. Since you listen to random folks your rims looks terrible, not bad but terrible. If you went back to stock wheels and added tint your car would look a million times better.

Stop worrying about what people think about yoyr car and for **** sakes don't spend 600.00 for parts plus labor to try and make your 6 cyl sound better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive