Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,675,740 times

Advertisements

Just try Seafoam in a brand new car, you'll still get the same amount of smoke. The smoke is just for show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 08:02 PM

4,781 posts, read 10,534,446 times
^ +1 ...naptha and IPA, with Pale Oil, combusted = smoke.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:56 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,409,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
WD40 is glorified kerosene with a touch of oil. I'll stick with Fluid Film, Kroil and Tri Flow. The right products for the right job.
Quote:
Sea Faom was invented during the automotive dark ages. it has no place in a modern engine.
Reading that Kroil was created in 1939.

Fluid Film 1945(ish):

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

Quote:
When the U.S. Navy needed to conquer the costs and delays of battling rust and corrosion in the ballast tanks of its thousands of combat and support vessels in World War II, an innovative West Coast chemist formulated a powerful weapon based on an unlikely ingredient: lanolin (wool wax).

The savings were immediate. The costs of chipping, sealing and painting were greatly reduced. The new film penetrated corrosion and rust quickly. Application was simple. Protective action was long lasting and economical.

The weapon was FLUID FILM®, produced in a variety of easy-use forms by Eureka Chemical Company. Operating since the early 1940's and incorporated in 1953, the company continues as a family-owned business managed by descendants of the founding chemist.
TriFlow? Not sure, but your arguments are invalid. Here is a picture of bunny with a pancake on it's head:

Old 06-21-2016, 10:20 PM

26,146 posts, read 21,368,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Reading that Kroil was created in 1939.

Fluid Film 1945(ish):

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

TriFlow? Not sure, but your arguments are invalid. Here is a picture of bunny with a pancake on it's head:

It actually looks like there are two pancakes

Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 690 times
What if an entire can was poured into the crankcase after an oil change? My buddy said his engine started clattering and would not drive over 35 mph... To me it sounds like the fill is overruled due to being full of the oil capacity plus the 16 oz of seafoam.... Thinking dumping oil doing a change of fluid with Lucas lubricant running for 15 to 20 mins dumping that and then re fulfilling will fix... Any suggestions???

Old 02-12-2019, 02:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
I recently bought a 16 oz can of SEAFOAM...thinking about adding the whole thing into my gas tank, instead of putting some in vacuum hose that leads to the engine, adding some to the crankcase oil and a little in the gas tank like some suggest...I may just add all of it to the gas tank....would that be a bad thing?

Can seafoam hurt anything?

Seafoam is a great product, I've used it for years. The fumes from it are a little strong, my one car has open headers right beside me and my eyes water a little when driving it, but it works great.

It is the one product that every technician I know likes . They usually hate additives, but they like this one.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:10 PM

5,339 posts, read 14,074,848 times
Quote:
It's sea foam it can't hurt anything because it doesn't really do anything. That stuff along with WD40 is not allowed in my garage.
Seafoam is the bomb! I always have a can in the garage. Of course I have a high 'cylinder index' and lots of two strokes.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 PM

4,844 posts, read 2,954,269 times
A bomb for my lawnmower/snowblower, but I know 2 fleet mechanics who tried it and said:
Never again.

Has the company even kept up w/changing technology, or is it the same formula from WW2?.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 PM

22,568 posts, read 24,365,374 times
Too much of any additive, and we're talking a whopper-amount, can do things like clog/coat certain key parts of your vehicle.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:51 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,891,933 times
The benefit of looking up the MSDS for additives is finding out that nearly all of them are made up of the same stuff:
Naptha
Alcohol
Light machine oil (sewing machine, that is. Maybe "3 in 1" oil)
The proportions may vary, but that's what you are putting in your fuel tank, whether it be a diesel additive or gasoline additive.
That's why I use nothing but Sta-Bil in my gasoline and nothing but anti-gel additives in my diesel.
Sta-Bil works. I have a gallon jug of 2-cycle oil that is over 2 years old. The chain saw, mini-tiller, and weed whacker run just fine on the stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive