Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:55 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,388,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
I can get a BMW M3 for the cost of that chevy SS, which is a still a chevy in the end.
A used M3 perhaps. New they are more to the $75k range with options.

However, the Mazda is not bad for a generic family sedan. The Camry is boring, and the Altima has Nissan's version of hell on Earth, the Renault-derived CVT that offers good fuel economy, but does not inspire confidence when driving one. The Accord Sport is closer to the Mazda, offering the option of a 6-speed manual, though most are CVT.

The Malibu is close to the top of the family segment with the redesign for 2016, IMO. I had two as rentals, and the higher trims offer premium feel for a family sedan, one available at an affordable price, and though both engines are four cylinders, power was not an issue for regular driving, i.e., not sports cars as if you want a sports sedan, you need to look outside of the family sedan segment.

Mazda has stiff competition and the Accord does have a better reliability track record long-term, as does the Malibu which has made great strides in recent years, as GM has refocused on the vehicles in its lineup. Dropping sportier options and the V6, as well as not offering the AWD that the Mazda 6 has in overseas markets, limits the appeal of an affordable sports sedan, since it's really just a sportier family sedan without the prowess to run with true sports sedans. As a styling exercise, it's not a bad vehicle, at all, but I see many more Accords on the road, more newer Accords than newer Camry, although I may miss the Camry as they can be that generic, especially in the sandstone tones with tan interiors.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 09:08 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,235,035 times
If we're just talking looks, there are far better looking midsize sedans than a Mazda, but they cost more.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
Based on Trucar.com, the Altima has a almost a $3000 price advantage over Mazda6 in actual dale price. We got a very nicely equipped Altima for under $20 grand. You can't touch anything in that category for that price.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:58 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,310,798 times
Yes, I loved my Mazda 626 and I figure the 6 is just the newer generation. I'm not sure I'd rate it as a family sedan, though I'm sure that must be accurate. I'd love to own one. I see a lot of 3's out there, too. Not a fan. Must be a 6.

The Ford Fusion. Wow. I just rented one for a business trip and drove it nearly a thousand miles. Comfortable and roomy! Seemed way bigger than a Mazda 6. Not sure how they can be in the same category.

I should go test drive a 6. The Isuzu is limping along on what may be its last leg.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:29 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,543 times
I like the front of the car a lot, but not the rear. Not sure I'd buy a Mazda though. A buddy had one and it was junk. But, that was 5 years ago. In that class I'd buy a Honda Accord Touring which imo is better looking and it would smoke the Mazda.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:37 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,004,790 times
The Mazda 6 looks good in my opinion, but I prefer the looks from the passat rline more.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:17 AM

759 posts, read 636,457 times
Meh...

If I'm buying a 4 door anything... it's a Charger.

Sincerely,

A Challenger owner

Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,381,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Truthfully, the Camry will still be running when that Mazda is sitting in the junk yard. Sorry!
So true, don't forget Toyota just won the LeMans 23hr 56 minutes world endurance race.

Porsche and Ford won the 24 hr race though.

Better luck next time Toyota.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:40 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,571,815 times
The Accord sport with a 6 speed manual is pretty sweet as well. You can get one for around 23k. Best bang for your buck right now in that segment.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:11 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,556,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Meh...

If I'm buying a 4 door anything... it's a Charger.

Sincerely,

A Challenger owner
You're the boss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive