Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:54 PM

13,981 posts, read 13,758,363 times

Advertisements

I planning on buying Audi next year I have some questions about 2012 version of A6

What changes between 2012-2015 models ?

How Audi A6 compare to BMW and Benz ?

Is reliability enough ?

How it compare to other 2012-2014 cars ?

What your option on interior, looks, everyday driving of the car ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 AM

21,669 posts, read 24,814,702 times
One of the nicest of its class. The E-Class is a bit nicer and the new one has autonomous drive very similar to Tesla's Auto Pilot (2016), but the A6 isn't far behind it. Depending on the model it drives pretty well in comparison to the 5-series. Obviously the front wheel drive 4 cylinder isn't in the driving department but opt for quattro with or without the V6 and it's, imo, a better sports sedan than the BMW while being close to Mercedes in luxury. There's little reason to buy a BMW these days. They days of it actually being the Ultimate Driving Car are so far gone they're almost forgotten. That belongs to Cadillac these days (wtf world do we live in?). The ATS may have other problems, but fun to drive is not one of them. The CTS likewise is a very fun car to drive. First generation CTS was worlds apart in luxury and even the second generation lags pretty far behind. The third (2014+) is close enough. You still have CUE, which is... horrible, and I'm not a fan of the styling inside or out but that's entirely subjective.

2015 was a mid-cycle refresh, mostly a facelift but also noticeable improvements to the infotainment system as well as a mild transmission upgrade. Not sure beyond that.

Apparently, new Audi is reliable. I'm still not sold on it. 2012 was the first model year and over on True Delta and has a very high rate of issues. How much of that was related to recalls and has been fixed I couldn't tell you. Buying the first model year is seldom a good idea new or used although if you do your homework at least you can have some idea used. I'd go to an Audi specific forum like quatroworld, audizine, or vwvortex and spend some time there.

Looks is entire subjective. Personally, I like it. Jaguar to me gets the nods for best looking but as far as an all-around car, Audi would probably be my pick in that segment. Mercedes for luxury, Jaguar for style, Cadillac for driver's car. Audi really isn't the best at anything but does everything well. Even though it's old in its lifecycle compared with its competitors it still holds its own. Looking at used cars it's even more attractive as the Mercedes had a new model in 2016, the Cadillac in 2014, Jaguar in 2015.

Last edited by Malloric; 06-28-2016 at 01:55 AM..

Old 06-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
One of the nicest of its class. The E-Class is a bit nicer and the new one has autonomous drive very similar to Tesla's Auto Pilot (2016), but the A6 isn't far behind it. Depending on the model it drives pretty well in comparison to the 5-series. Obviously the front wheel drive 4 cylinder isn't in the driving department but opt for quattro with or without the V6 and it's, imo, a better sports sedan than the BMW while being close to Mercedes in luxury. There's little reason to buy a BMW these days. They days of it actually being the Ultimate Driving Car are so far gone they're almost forgotten. That belongs to Cadillac these days (wtf world do we live in?). The ATS may have other problems, but fun to drive is not one of them. The CTS likewise is a very fun car to drive. First generation CTS was worlds apart in luxury and even the second generation lags pretty far behind. The third (2014+) is close enough. You still have CUE, which is... horrible, and I'm not a fan of the styling inside or out but that's entirely subjective.

2015 was a mid-cycle refresh, mostly a facelift but also noticeable improvements to the infotainment system as well as a mild transmission upgrade. Not sure beyond that.

Apparently, new Audi is reliable. I'm still not sold on it. 2012 was the first model year and over on True Delta and has a very high rate of issues. How much of that was related to recalls and has been fixed I couldn't tell you. Buying the first model year is seldom a good idea new or used although if you do your homework at least you can have some idea used. I'd go to an Audi specific forum like quatroworld, audizine, or vwvortex and spend some time there.

Looks is entire subjective. Personally, I like it. Jaguar to me gets the nods for best looking but as far as an all-around car, Audi would probably be my pick in that segment. Mercedes for luxury, Jaguar for style, Cadillac for driver's car. Audi really isn't the best at anything but does everything well. Even though it's old in its lifecycle compared with its competitors it still holds its own. Looking at used cars it's even more attractive as the Mercedes had a new model in 2016, the Cadillac in 2014, Jaguar in 2015.

Should I buy it ? for BMWs I like 3 and 7 series but I want try Audi. 2012 Audi have nice facelift which I like

Old 06-28-2016, 03:14 PM

Any Audi Drivers or Fan can tell me more ?

Old 06-28-2016, 03:22 PM

6,426 posts, read 6,961,613 times
Go ask in an Audi A6 forum

Old 06-28-2016, 03:47 PM

762 posts, read 913,456 times
The A6 with the 3.0 is comparable to the E350, it has similar horsepower but more torque than the E350. However, for that year I'd be looking at an E550. Much more luxury, more power, and all wheel drive is standard I believe.

You'll get a much better car than the Audi for about the same price (~30k).

Old 06-28-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
The A6 with the 3.0 is comparable to the E350, it has similar horsepower but more torque than the E350. However, for that year I'd be looking at an E550. Much more luxury, more power, and all wheel drive is standard I believe.

You'll get a much better car than the Audi for about the same price (~30k).
I waiting next year to buy it price go down bit.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:04 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,089,215 times
Four year old Audi what could go wrong.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Four year old Audi what could go wrong.
it that bad ?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:49 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,178,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
it that bad ?
Buy one and find out LOL

I'd have to agree with the others... you're better off with an E350/E550. It's a more well rounded package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive