Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 02:32 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yep, wouldn't mind a gold digger because they would just trade in on a newer model every few years like the cars.
Probably not without taking a good deal of your bank account with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 05:59 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,928 times
Put a rat rod next to a high end car, and guess which turns more girls' heads...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArpyMXT2ew

Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 AM

341 posts, read 266,054 times
I ride a cheap $10.00 bike women notice me all the time lol

Old 07-01-2016, 06:23 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,091,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
Ha! I met one of my girlfriends by driving a (borrowed) fancy car, back in '79. She came up to me and asked me for a ride. It's all about personality and character, but she had to notice me before she could find out about my personality and character.

Exactly Just like I've always said here, the old saying "clothes make the man" holds true for a nice suit or a nice car. You don't know someone's personality from a cross the room, but you can judge it by the clothes they wear, the style of their hair, and yes, by their car. It's all about plumage for humans, like the tailfeathers on a peacock are for them, and catching the eye of a potential mate.

Anybody remember the '60s. '70s, and '80s and the tradition of the cruise in where everybody showed up on the strip downtown on a Friday or Saturday night in their cars and drove around meeting people, sometimes racing, sometimes parking and watching the cars go by? Plenty of guys and girls out there meeting due to their cars.

Having a nice car was important and for guys, plenty of girls were into cars and were not merely hookers just because they liked the flashy and exotic cars. THis was not just a teenage activity, as cool cars cost money and teenagers had little of that, though they could be creative and BUILD cool hot rods. I had a string of cool cars back then and met a lot of fun people and nice girls. My wife is as much of a car person as I am and we've spent many, many hours tinkering on cars and driving them to shows and now cars and coffee events. Any car guy who says they've never met a girl or woman into cars has led a sheltered life as they are all over out there.

Here's one of my cars from back when I was in my 20's and I met a lot of people with it, and on cruise nights could have a number of girls ride with me in it. I'm just an average guy, but it was the cars that made the introductions.
Attached Thumbnails
Does a Ferrari 360 Attract Women?-3389100b.jpg  

Old 07-01-2016, 06:31 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
An exotic sports car will only attract the wrong kind of woman, one who only cares about $$$.

My wife, a very down to earth, low maintenance, honest person couldn't tell the difference between a red Ferrari and a red 2 door Honda. To her, cars mean nothing. She doesn't think about cars or care to know anything about them. With that said, I think Jeep Wranglers are seen by women like a "cool" thing to have, kind of like "that guy is wearing a nice shirt".

I get checked out constantly when I am driving my Wrangler, especially with the top off.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:34 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,091,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
An exotic sports car will only attract the wrong kind of woman, one who only cares about $$$.

Not true as I just explained (and unlike you I have experience with them)

Quote:
My wife, a very down to earth, low maintenance, honest person couldn't tell the difference between a red Ferrari and a red 2 door Honda. To her, cars mean nothing. She doesn't think about cars or care to know anything about them.

If you're a car guy, that's just sad. My wife is as much of a car person as I am and probably knows more about them than most people here on this forum. As a car guy I was looking for someone I could share my hobby with. There are a lot of women out there like her, and car guys would be wise to seek them out.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:45 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
The dog part is so true. Women stop me so many times to ask questions about my dog or pet my dog. If I were single (which I'm not), its a great way to start conversations with random women. This is my wife's dog and too bad I didn't think of this when I was single.

The only people that compliment my car are dudes.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:04 AM

8,693 posts, read 11,081,311 times
I sat & drove a few exotics....usually only get noticed from dudes.

I had one incident where I had to pick up my dad's Toyota Avalon from the shop for a routine work. On the way back, went to the car wash. A female who was waiting said...you have a really really nice car.....a bit surprised since it came out of no where...I said umm thanks and move on my merry way

Old 07-01-2016, 08:05 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
I couldn't care less what a man is driving as long as it's not a wreck.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:22 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,049,750 times
The short answer to the title question is - No, a Ferrari 360 does not attract women. It attracts people that want to see what they cannot afford or are unfamiliar with.

personally, rather than a Ferrari for looks, I want one for the experience. My personal favorite would be the Testarossa or 512 for the engine sound, driving experience, memories. Nothing on earth is quite the same as that flat 12 cylinder at throttle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive