Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:43 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,024,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Think about how a cop will approach you the next time you get stopped. Would it surprise you if he had his gun in his hand?
When I had tinted windows I aways rolled down my windows when I got pulled over. It’s didn’t prevent me from getting a ticket for the illegal tint, but no cop ever pulled a gun on me.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:27 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,238,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
When I had tinted windows I aways rolled down my windows when I got pulled over. It’s didn’t prevent me from getting a ticket for the illegal tint, but no cop ever pulled a gun on me.
I do the same thing, granted I don't have darker then allowed tint, but rolling down windows is the smart thing to do regardless of tint or not.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:26 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
It has been proven time and time again, the claims that Dark Tinted Vehicle Windows will reduce the vehicle's interior temperature are nothing but BS, more than likely, Marketing BS.
Can you provide links to a few of these sources? Common sense says otherwise, and my anecdotal observations confirm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
You should know that if your windows fail the meter the vehicle will be impounded and will not be released until it is road legal. Think of yourself in a yard with a razor attempting to remove the film so your vehicle can be released.
As pointed out, this is simply wrong. At best it is correct in only the odd nanny state, but even then i doubt it. Simply doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
In some jurisdictions if they ticket you for having tinted windows in the front side windows you cannot move the car or truck until that is removed.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
You probably aren't black.

But seriously what a thread. I've never seen so much mis-information and never knew the anti-tint group had such strong supporters. Seems simple, if you don't like tint, don't do it.

The most ridiculous opposition is from those who defend making a police officer "comfortable". That isn't my responsibility and is honestly very low on my list of concerns. They don't do much to make me comfortable, and would infringe on my rights in a heartbeat. if tint is a problem for an officer, he/she should become a fireman.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:30 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Because it looks better, and some states have ridiculous requirements for tint.

And it's my car. Shouldn't I be able to modify it how I please as long as it does not affect others?
No, you shouldn't. The tint shops in your state should be familiar with what's allowable, and can give you what is in compliance with the law. When I had that done in my state, they even gave me a document stating the degree of tint and who installed it, in case I got pulled over. No problems so far, and it's been a few years.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:58 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,223,015 times
can we close this thread already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive