Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 05:07 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I'm impressed your friend was able to balance the vehicle on one tire....
LOL! I didn't catch that. Obviously one tire out of four tires, but still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 05:13 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,249,029 times
I know the repair shops that would be paid to perform inspections, then paid to correct problems, would love to have every state require annual or biannual inspections.

But I think this should be up to the individual.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:19 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
The latest and greatest Iphone is more important to people these days that's why. That $600 phone can buy a whole set of tires.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:29 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
My Priority is the "SCARY Driver" before any vehicle..But many catastrophic accidents often occur when the Driver is inattentive ( ala texting or other distractions)..But vehicle 's which should never be on the road is too as issue..But most of those vehicles are "Industrial/Business/COrporate types who constantly disregard the regulations to maintain them..whether it's buses, transport vehicles..WHEN they go out of control..THEY wipe out so many innocents....

Vehicles are operated by humans..sure humans make mistakes..and should be held rest;unusable..Massive Vehicles..very heavily weighted with such a driven + mechanical issues certainly DO cause more casulties..

No vehicle IF parked will create nor kill anybody..it's the driver or maintenance of said vehicle that does not comport to safety...

My biggest concern on a daily basis is the driver who is NOT watching the road..Pre-occuplied watching phone and texting...Thank Goodness..I'm not on the road like I was..as now retired..But I sure noticed it in the last decade on the road. I was always thankful..learning to drive in Montreal/Que that I learned ( 1960's) that other drivers were OUT TO GET YOU..so learned..Watch..and protect yourself..back then even a pedestrian needed to be careful (long before earbuds and earphones)!!

Back to question..Scary vehicles should be called in with license plate#. ..but they will ask all the questions..WHY..observations..again why? and Yep..unfounded fears just because do not mean that scary vehicle is unsafe... There is such a thing as "Hyper-vigilance" you know

Old 08-07-2016, 07:54 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I saw an Ford F-350 Compensator at a grocery store last week. The driver had two holders for cell phones mounted on the dash over the steering wheel. I took a picture or two so I'd recognize it again if I saw it on the interstate.
What the he!!za F-350 Compensator?

Old 08-07-2016, 09:58 PM

346 posts, read 445,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
LOL! I didn't catch that. Obviously one tire out of four tires, but still.

It is possible to drive a car with one wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5FgDr9q9k

Old 08-07-2016, 10:10 PM

876 posts, read 813,512 times
The other thing that scares me is the truck with unsecured heavy items in the back. There was recently a fatality in Macedon, NY involving a giant iron barbecue that was being towed that came loose on the highway smashing into a car.

Whenever I see a truck that has anything in the back that could come loose I just let them get as far away from my vehicle as soon as possible.

Same thing with dump trucks carrying rocks, if one of them cracks your windshield most likely you're out the deductible on your policy.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:41 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Unfortunately this has been ongoing for years and years...

Old 08-08-2016, 04:55 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
OP, you might want to start posting here if you get some really good ones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/

Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
The latest and greatest Iphone is more important to people these days that's why. That $600 phone can buy a whole set of tires.
Also how many cups of expensive latte's do supposedly broke people buy a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive