Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 554 times

Advertisements

So I bought a car off someone who had a lien holder off U.s bank and we did a contract by the state that she has to give me the title once she recieves it. So we pay off the loan and the lady said itll take 1 day to go through, keep in mind this was in July 8th. So i had a bad feeling something was going wrong and i called and it comes to show the person did not send the payment so that the title can be sent from the official U.s bank. I waited 30 days for nothing and now im supposed to wait another? I need the car to be able to go to work. Is it possible to recieve it quicker or even just get a brand new title from the DMV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,215,941 times
Sounds like you were scammed. Unless you can find and compel the previous "owner" to pay off the balance, it now may be up to you to do so. Until that lien is satisfied you will not get a clear certificate of title and the vehicle may be subject to repossession depending on the policy of the lender.

Lesson? NEVER make a transaction without a clean title right in front of you.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:41 PM

132 posts, read 153,846 times
The bank is not going to release the lien without payment. Your only option now is to file suit against the previous owners, assuming you can find them.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,557,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amart1995 View Post
U.s bank and we did a contract by the state that she has to give me the title once she recieves it. So we pay off the loan and the lady said itll take 1 day to go through,
I am confused.
Where did you "pay off the loan"? At her bank? Then bank has its money and bank should send title to YOU as all paperwork should now be in your name. That's either a lien transfer or if you paid it off in full, YOU are the new car owner and it takes about a month for title to be sent to YOU.

Unless you gave OWNER the money and she promised to pay it off? Please, PLEASE don't tell me you did THAT.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:09 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,557,249 times
Also, who has the car? You or her? If you have the car, what keeps you from driving it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive