Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
If I were driving a Lotus Evora I would smile and wave. If I were driving my 2009 Honda Fit I would be a bit weirded out.
Same here, even my Challenger gets attention and I have had a couple of people ask to take pictures of it, but if in my Ranger or wife's Escape, I'd be suspicious and take note of the description, maybe take their picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 10:59 PM

652 posts, read 681,686 times
I had a 1992 convertible mustang that was an automatic with a 4 cylinder. It had some issues and its not something I would brag about to anyone. Anyways, my brother and I went to Mcdonalds in Battle Ground, WA one day. We came across a group of women who were doing a scavenger hunt and I guess, my mustang was on their list of things to find. So, they asked to take pictures with me in my mustang. Unfortunately, I don't have those pictures with me and the girls in my mustang. However, I did take a picture of those girls standing next to my mustang at least.
Attached Thumbnails
How would you react if someone took a photo of your car with you in it?-001.jpg  

Old 08-12-2016, 11:13 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,147,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I was alongside a Lotus Evora in traffic and did not know what it was at that instance. When describing the vehicle I was asked why did I not take a photo. Had me thinking of how the driver of the other car would react if they saw me taking a pic of their car.

How would you react? Not an event like the track or a show but in traffic etc when out and about.
I don't care, happens from time to time. My car is a bit exotic, definitely fun and unusual. And striking, in Guards Red. I'm stopped by lookie-Lous and fanboys once a week or so, and more than a few take pictures when I show it at the weekly exhibit here in town (Exotics at RTC show).

Drive something like that, or a Lamborghini or Ferrari, people will take pictures. If I wanted to live life always on the QT, I'd drive a Prius I guess.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:42 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
I quite enjoy the attention my car gets and being photographed by people who is going ga-ga seeing and hearing my ride in person.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:14 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
I doubt anybody will be taking pictures of me in Kia Soul unless they were just blown away by my beauty.....

I regularly take pictures of drivers with road rage or who are driving recklessly in the event they injure or kill someone. Usually I just take a picture of the license plate.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:05 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Nothing wrong with a picture being taken of your car.

A person with a camera was looking for the driver/owner of my race car I was told.

Six months later saw my car in a Car Magazine from Japan.....never know.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:50 AM

834 posts, read 773,680 times
Happens constantly.....of course it's a Lamborghini without a top so it's expected

Old 08-13-2016, 10:08 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Most that buy "exotics" do so for the attention, at least to an extent. You're doing them a favor by taking their pic. Well, feeding their ego anyway. I don't see it as a big deal.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:09 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I was alongside a Lotus Evora in traffic and did not know what it was at that instance. When describing the vehicle I was asked why did I not take a photo. Had me thinking of how the driver of the other car would react if they saw me taking a pic of their car.

How would you react? Not an event like the track or a show but in traffic etc when out and about.
I wouldn't react at all. There's no presumption of privacy on a public street.

However, my windows on every car are tinted dark enough that taking a picture of me is unlikely, unless they do it through the windshield. That's not why I have tinted windows, but being mostly invisible is a bonus.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:10 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Wouldn't care.
Unless I was in my 4Runner.
Then I'd wonder wtf.

I take pics of bad drivers and funny plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive