Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 01:35 PM

21,676 posts, read 24,828,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
In general I would not use "premium full-size sedan" description for a FWD car.
Seems appropriate to me. Like the Lexus ES or Lincoln MKS, they're not real luxury cars but certainly nicer than a normal family sedan in addition to just being larger. Heck, Audi or Cadillaci will sell you an actual luxury full-size sedan that's FWD. That's kind of odd but premium (or near-luxury) FWD full-sized is pretty standard. That doesn't raise my eyebrows like a $65,000 FWD Impala does. Sans cue, though, the Impala badged Cadillac is pretty nice on the inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 01:35 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,180,560 times
Kia has been blatantly ripping off Mercedes design features for years now, this is no different.

Interior is definitely taking all its cues from Mercedes.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:40 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,180,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
We are talking about Kia/Hyundai where originality doesn't exist. If they built a full size truck it would be called the 150-F
QFT.

Actually, I think they'd call it the F150... Ford uses a dash in theirs, F-150.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:01 PM

24,473 posts, read 33,157,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
In general I would not use "premium full-size sedan" description for a FWD car.
I would not either. More like "generic, mid-sized sedan."

Old 08-18-2016, 02:25 PM

17,120 posts, read 56,786,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Upcoming & Future Cars | Kia Cars

Really looks upscale!
Dude, seriously, you need to get to some car shows and/or museums, and sharpen up your sense of taste in cars. Look at the first generation Eldorado/Toranado, some 50's and 60's Caddy, Lincoln, Imperial. Hell, look at an MG-B! Not really upscale as such, but a clean sporty design. Jaguar E-type. Gull Wing Merc. Any Ferrari designed while Enzo was still The Boss. 67 and earlier Corvettes. Then tell me if you are still impressed with this tin can on wheels!

Bill Mitchell >>>>> Chris Bangle.

If you don't know who Bill Mitchell was, and Chris Bangle is, you are seriously behind in your homework!

Old 08-18-2016, 03:26 PM

6,429 posts, read 6,968,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
QFT.

Actually, I think they'd call it the F150... Ford uses a dash in theirs, F-150.
Lol, I read in Road & Track long time ago about a wife showing up at Ford dealer to pick up her husbands F-150, and she kept saying he drives a Fiso!

Old 08-18-2016, 04:17 PM

17,487 posts, read 17,349,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Dude, seriously, you need to get to some car shows and/or museums, and sharpen up your sense of taste in cars. Look at the first generation Eldorado/Toranado, some 50's and 60's Caddy, Lincoln, Imperial. Hell, look at an MG-B! Not really upscale as such, but a clean sporty design. Jaguar E-type. Gull Wing Merc. Any Ferrari designed while Enzo was still The Boss. 67 and earlier Corvettes. Then tell me if you are still impressed with this tin can on wheels!

Bill Mitchell >>>>> Chris Bangle.

If you don't know who Bill Mitchell was, and Chris Bangle is, you are seriously behind in your homework!
Those are beautiful cars of the past that can never be built today because of all the government crash safety requirements. There will never be such works of art ever again. This car is a Kia, a company whose cars were disposable torture devices. This model is nothing like the Kia of old and they did this in a relatively short time.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:55 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,274,526 times
The Kia looks like a two-generation old Mercedes design; however, the Genesis is a better cart hat is a Korean Mercedes emulator. That said, the 2017 Mercedes E-Class is an improvement on the current generation, so that makes the Kia seem more dated to me. However, for half to two-thirds the price of a Mercedes, it may sell. I rarely see a Kia Cadenza on the road, but do see more Genesis where I drive, likely because it handles well as RWD/AWD much more in line with the feel of a Mercedes.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-18-2016, 06:09 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,227,327 times
Good looking car. The competition is too tough

Old 08-18-2016, 06:15 PM

18,933 posts, read 43,293,093 times
The Cadenza shares the platform with the Azera, and it's meant to compete with Toyota Avalon and Chevy Impala. The Kia K900 is meant to compete with BMW and Mercedes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive