Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 PM

18,923 posts, read 43,211,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tande1n5 View Post
Even some of the "normal looking" hybrids, such as the Tahoe, still have to scream "HYBRID!!!!!!" down the side, and along with a bigger chin up front, it's quite discernible from the petrol version. It's been said that the fact the Honda doesn't do it as loudly is to it's detriment, since so many people want that styling to show off what a great person they are... Even though similar in size, the Prius does much better in sales than Civic hybrid... and the Accord hybrid is getting dropped later this year.
On some models the wheels are uglier too (like the Tahoe). Maybe it's because of the regenerative braking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 AM

582 posts, read 2,030,973 times
when hybrids start to give problems people will find out it was not worth buying them to save on gas.maintenace on those cars will be horrendous and what you saved will be gone and more.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:27 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,112,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
when hybrids start to give problems people will find out it was not worth buying them to save on gas.maintenace on those cars will be horrendous and what you saved will be gone and more.
Actually, most manufactuers are providing extensive warranties on the Hybrids to offset these maintence issues. I think it is Toyota that started the 100K warranties on the Batteries too.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:49 AM

18,923 posts, read 43,211,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I had the same thoughts in the beginning, but cars like the Prius have held up to high mileage very well. It remains to be seen if the American hybrids will perform as well as the Japanese ones.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:59 AM

15,772 posts, read 21,283,299 times
I actually find the hybrid-y looking cars to be the most attractive on the road. I would talk about some of the more hideous breeds out on the road but some people might get offended.

Wouldn't a better option be to make sure all crosswalks have little chirpers? Even some major ones near me don't and, while I've never seen a blind person walking, it makes me nervous just thinking about it! Or people in hybrids could have to keep their bass up REALLY loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive