Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 11:33 AM

3,178 posts, read 2,751,353 times

Advertisements

We've added Car Insurance sub-forum. You can avoid extra clicks by using our Subscribed Forums feature to view multiple sub-forums on one page or by using "Merged forums" view (https://www.city-data.com/forum/mergeforums.php?f=178).

Old 06-04-2015, 11:33 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,263,177 times
OK. who has the cheapest auto insurance in your area?

I've looked all over and no one can beat esurance, but I'm sure they are only good if you don't have a claim. Never the less, I signed up with them.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 19,628 times
You might consider searching for independent insurance agents in your area. They work with multiple insurers and may be able to find you a good rate. Comparison insurance sites are also something to consider. Insurance companies compete for quotes in certain zip codes, and given they price insurance differently based on various risk factors it could help using a comparison site who can match you with multiple car insurance companies. Esurance however is very competitive and perhaps they do have the best rates for you.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:40 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,741,402 times
Here are some things to consider.

Marital status

Credit

Driving Record

Type of vehicle to insure

Shop around online for a quote. I was with Progressive for five years with one claim in that time period. A coworker recommended Geico. The quote I received was almost 50 percent less than Progressive with same types of coverage and deductibles.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:31 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,263,177 times
Yes, my problem is having a young driver and another coming online in a few months. Not sure if I can drop my oldest daughter now that she's away at college.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:11 PM

15,161 posts, read 27,880,396 times
The point of this post (I think) is that there is a sub-forum - post there.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:41 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,460,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
OK. who has the cheapest auto insurance in your area?

I've looked all over and no one can beat esurance, but I'm sure they are only good if you don't have a claim. Never the less, I signed up with them.
There is no one company that is cheaper for everyone. Just takes a lot of time on your part to call as many as you can find and get tons of quotes.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:16 PM

11,581 posts, read 6,765,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
Here are some things to consider.

Marital status

Credit

Driving Record

Type of vehicle to insure

Shop around online for a quote. I was with Progressive for five years with one claim in that time period. A coworker recommended Geico. The quote I received was almost 50 percent less than Progressive with same types of coverage and deductibles.

I'm an independent insurance agent in the Chicagoland area. We have about 12 different A+ rated carriers; however, it is very hard to beat Geico's rates! They are owned by Berkhire Hathaway one of the largest national insurance carriers. I don't sell for them, but I do have them for my own car insurance and they are fantastic! My husband had an severe auto accident (he fell asleep at the wheel) and they gave us a check for his truck in 5 days. No problems at all!

Esurance I believe is owned by Allstate. Another very large carrier. However, I have heard that they have real good rates at first and then raise them really high at renewal. You really want to make sure that you are with an A+ rated carrier whoever it is. It will really make a difference if you ever need to put in a claim!!

Old 09-27-2016, 12:21 PM

11,581 posts, read 6,765,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
Yes, my problem is having a young driver and another coming online in a few months. Not sure if I can drop my oldest daughter now that she's away at college.

Every state is different, but here in Illinois where I am an insurance agent you can only drop someone if they are no longer a house hold member. Meaning, their drivers license has been switched to a new address. Being away at school is just temporary; however ,if she is there without a vehicle you should be able to get a reduced rate for that. Unfortunately youthful drivers are very expensive to insure due to their inexperience. Not to mention they all have phone nowadays and love texting while driving.

It law here if you have a license you must have insurance. If my kids want a drivers license then they need to help pay for the insurance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive