Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 03:48 PM

7 posts, read 7,022 times

Advertisements

Question as above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 03:51 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkjY85WguI

Old 10-31-2016, 04:18 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
As in - real life personally witnessed? As otherwise YouTube is flooded with this stuff.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:12 AM

308 posts, read 446,158 times
Bright sunny day, saw someone had flipped a honda civic on a road with a decent amount of traffic, and traffic lights every few blocks. I just stared and wondered how??

Old 11-01-2016, 12:16 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
Bright sunny day, saw someone had flipped a honda civic on a road with a decent amount of traffic, and traffic lights every few blocks. I just stared and wondered how??
LOL yeah, pretty hard to imagine.

I've seen people stop in the middle of the freeway, put the car in reverse, and back up in a traffic lane (no room on the shoulder) to take an exit they missed rather than just go another mile and take the next one. Make left turns from the right hand lane across four lanes of traffic and vice versa. Stop at the top of the on-ramp. Merge onto the freeway at 40 mph and beeline for the fast lane before accelerating any faster. Watching people try and parallel park is always hilarious. I mean, I live in suburbia so it's not like I'm that good at it, but I can at least get my car into a spot that would fit two cars in less than five attempts.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:17 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Just today. Morning rush hour on side street. Long line of traffic backed up at an intersection. Jacked up pickup truck ahead. Drives over curb onto a sidewalk and passes app 10 cars on the road and then goes back into intersection to turn right.
I also have a relative who is a dyed in the wool road rager. I could write a book on some of his antics.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
Wrong way drivers on I-275 in the Tampa area.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:26 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Actually that's pretty good driving. The production is not too great. The scenes don't make a lot of sense, but the driving is pretty good.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:20 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Actually that's pretty good driving. The production is not too great. The scenes don't make a lot of sense, but the driving is pretty good.
A lot of movies I thought where cool in college in the '80s make little sense now, cinema has evolved to the CGI masterpieces we have today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Most of the driving I did in San Francisco on my motorcycle was questionable! Funniest was meeting going over a hill too hot, front wheel comes up, steep hill and I landed hard, and...there was a van at the bottom, for the light. I didn't plow into him but had a bad few seconds there. That was certainly...less-than-stellar driving.

The first, and I pray nearly-last, driving *on the sidewalk* I did was in SF, on a Friday afternoon getting onto the Bay Bridge. Those who live there might know what I mean, pretty much total gridlock. I'm not sitting in that, on a bike. So, sidewalk it was...once, anyway.

Second time was aftermath of the Nisqually Quake here in Seattle, 2001. Didn't know how bad the damage was, obviously takes time for news to catch up to disasters, but from the damage in Issaquah WA I assumed the worst. Wrongly, thankfully, it turned out. I was on a Triumph Tiger adventure bike as my commuter, I went around everybody and everything like Mad Max getting to my then-home in Mill Creek WA in record time. Over sidewalks, passed cars and other obstacles, road down an embankment onto the I-90 freeway because all the lights were out, traffic at a mostly-standstill for a few hours. Weird.

All was well-enough, I even turned around and went back to the office few hours later. Our building took moderate damage but was cleared by the fire department within not too many days. We were all in the process of being laid off anyway, dot.com bust, so I didn't have too much skin in the game.

So, some might say I'm the worst driver that I know, to answer the question.

The Nisqually Quake wiped out a few unstable structures in greater Seattle, and damaged SeaTac's tower. Didn't fly out next day on a business trip as planned. They've upgraded some of the buildings since, a blessing "of sorts" though an expensive lesson. Few or no fatalities, thankfully. Again, it looked waaay worse than it was, where I was, and I didn't hesitate to go Vin Diesel to get my a** back to the house and my property.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:37 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
I did a full 360 on blackice in a jeep. Never knew what black ice was til it was over. It was a four lane street, on coming traffic just stopped as I gleaned thru the spin. Every driver had that holy $hit look. Mine was in my pants lol! Seriously it was not my finest wake up call ...I pulled over after that. To this day...anyone thinking an suv is safer in snow/ice/ sleet is mistaken. I no longer get near suvs in wintertime.. I know they are as susceptible as any other vehicles of losing control. Ice does that.

Wouldn't have mattered if I was going 10mph...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive