Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 01:41 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times

Advertisements

i have a 2011 Audi A5. Love it. Have not had any issues, smooth ride, still turns heads.

Acura, to me, is just Honda (Since Acura doesn't exist in Japan) and is bland. Though, the Honda will be cheaper to work on in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 01:51 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
i have a 2011 Audi A5. Love it. Have not had any issues, smooth ride, still turns heads.

Acura, to me, is just Honda (Since Acura doesn't exist in Japan) and is bland. Though, the Honda will be cheaper to work on in the long run.
Some people say that an Audi is just a fancy VW LOL

Old 11-21-2016, 02:05 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
That's true lol. But at least Audi is a brand, at least.

Though, sometimes, you can see the similarities between a Passat and an A4 from far away.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:13 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Audi was a case study in one of my Marketing classes. They were frequently criticized as just being a rebadged VW. What did they do about it? Change the cars? Nope just did better marketing.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:50 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuralNet88 View Post
So I just got a job getting paid pretty good money, and am trying to decide on which car to eventually get between the Acura TLX and the Audi A4(newer models). Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have turned down the idea of getting a BMW 3 or Mercedes C class because of the horror stories I've heard from some people who have owned them.

Basically I would be driving to and from work, around town and to other cities sometimes that are about 1 to 2 hours away. I may also take it when I travel to other parts of the country.

Between the two? Acura TLX. I've owned an A4 and it was the biggest money pit I've ever owned. That thing spent more time on jack stands than it ever spent on the road (literally). Don't get me wrong.... the car was comfortable, quiet, and was packed with features... but the quality just wasn't there. The electronics were always on the fritz, paint wore off all the interior buttons, sunvisor bracket broke driving across a bridge, dipstick tube snapped off (got brittle), coolant elbow snapped (brittle cheap plastic), tons of vacuum leaks from more cheap plastic, etc...... It was a lot of fun to drive when it ran right, but that was rare.

Audi vehicles are better as lease vehicles that you can turn in before they begin having issues.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:03 AM

782 posts, read 858,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Audi was a case study in one of my Marketing classes. They were frequently criticized as just being a rebadged VW. What did they do about it? Change the cars? Nope just did better marketing.
Maybe in the 80s and 90s this was the case...but Audi is very distinct from VW these days. Interior and exterior there is a notable difference in build quality.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 PM

4,553 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Between the two? Acura TLX. I've owned an A4 and it was the biggest money pit I've ever owned. That thing spent more time on jack stands than it ever spent on the road (literally). Don't get me wrong.... the car was comfortable, quiet, and was packed with features... but the quality just wasn't there. The electronics were always on the fritz, paint wore off all the interior buttons, sunvisor bracket broke driving across a bridge, dipstick tube snapped off (got brittle), coolant elbow snapped (brittle cheap plastic), tons of vacuum leaks from more cheap plastic, etc...... It was a lot of fun to drive when it ran right, but that was rare.

Audi vehicles are better as lease vehicles that you can turn in before they begin having issues.
What year A4 was this? My brother has a 2013 A4 with 80k miles, regular maintenance. Lots of driving in heavy stop and go traffic which can wear out parts quicker.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:34 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
That's true lol. But at least Audi is a brand, at least.

Though, sometimes, you can see the similarities between a Passat and an A4 from far away.
The Audi/VW strong overlap continued into the mid-00s, after which the VW side finally started to cheapen up trim, fit, and finish. Our '03 Passat had a really impressive number of parts stamped with the four rings on them.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:14 AM

1 posts, read 572 times
Good question, my friend! I think, that audi, but it's only my opinion. Btw, I find a good site about upcomming cars new-auto2017.com/ That's why I choose new audi

Old 11-23-2016, 02:43 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
I vote Acura. My Audi TT had issues... and died before 100k with a engine failure. Fun to drive though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive