Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2021, 06:11 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,209,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
It may be a 50-state vehicle but it's also subject to ongoing emissions and safety inspections in California. Unless of course it has Montana plates.
Just like any other car. Should I register my 10 year old Rogue to avoid emissions and safety?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 08:37 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Just like any other car. Should I register my 10 year old Rogue to avoid emissions and safety?
Sure, go for it. Especially if it has non-CARB-approved mods to it.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:57 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,732,034 times
I saw a newer Lamborghini that was beat to h*ll. The rear bumper cover was gone, and the nose looked like it was knocked out of square. Obviously an auction buy. It's actually the second time I've seen it running around here.

There are more than a few exotic cars in Metro Seattle, but I've never seen one driving around that looked like it just got cobbled together by a meth-head.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Sure, go for it. Especially if it has non-CARB-approved mods to it.
Now the goal posts have moved. Let's say the Rogue is bone stock.

The BMW 8 series has Montana plates. We have no idea why. You say it's because it won't pass smog. I say it's because the owner already had an LLC there and wanted to avoid taxes.

Then again, they may actually live there.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:30 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Now the goal posts have moved. Let's say the Rogue is bone stock.

The BMW 8 series has Montana plates. We have no idea why. You say it's because it won't pass smog. I say it's because the owner already had an LLC there and wanted to avoid taxes.

Then again, they may actually live there.
They might be avoiding taxes, they might be avoiding inspections, they might actually live in Montana -- we're all speculating on why the Montana plates and nobody claimed to have a definitive answer. I thought everyone knew that. You're taking this all way too seriously.

Either put Montana plates on your 10-year-old bone stock Nissan Rogue or don't. It makes absolutely no difference to me.

Old 06-19-2021, 09:15 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
A late model Kia 2 door coup like a Civic. Couldn't see the model. Any ideas what it was, I'd like to look it up.
Perhaps a Kia Forte Koup?

Old 06-19-2021, 06:19 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
In the space of 15 minutes or so.....

Heading south on Sage Rd and I was stopped waiting for the traffic going north to clear so I could turn left on Westheimer Rd. One of the first vehicles I waited for to clear was a Mercedes G-Wagen, followed five vehicles later by a Bentley convertible.

I then made the turn, and a Lamborghini SUV was in the inside lane going the other direction on Westheimer. I was able to cut over to the driveway and up the ramp to the Yellow Garage.

I found a space close to ‘the $5 door’ (you can park for free, but there’s also a gated section where you can pay $5 to park all day and, at the very least, the door is opened when people come out of the mall) and while walking towards the malll, one row outside the $5 section, I saw a Porsche Taycan 4 S.

(I’m at the Houston Galleria mall, and the street parking parking for Saks Fifth Avenue is close to that (Sage and Westheimer) corner. Saks is the last major store looking west on Westheimer before the corner at Sage.)

Old 06-20-2021, 08:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
In the parking lot (same trip) at the Oak Forest Kroger (after leaving the Houston Galleria).....

A 2021 Black Label Lincoln Navigator and a 2021 Black Label Lincoln Aviator (parked right next to each other.....I wonder if the same family owns both)

A ‘neon lime’ colored Mini convertible

A Carrera 4

Old 06-20-2021, 09:34 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Spotted a Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell car. He looked like he was headed to one of the very few hydrogen stations around here. Takes a special person to own one of these, you are totally dependent on a fairly scarce commodity that's not in every city and town. At least with electric cars you can plug into your garage AC outlet if you have to and fast charging stations are much more prevalent.

Old 06-21-2021, 10:40 AM

807 posts, read 689,828 times
Couple of days ago at work....coworker runs in and says "there's an Audi R8 parked next to your BMW!"

We went outside to where I had parked and found that a white R8 with yellow accents was indeed parked right next to me. Next to it was a white Lamborghini Huracan Performante, which was next to a black McLaren 12C, which was next to an orange McLaren 720S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive