Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 08:30 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Learning 101 for you today.

https://youtu.be/TEenRvuhN9Y
Learning 102 for you today:

Lets look at a balanced neutral review from a recognized reviewer.

Jeep Wrangler vs Mercedes G550 vs Toyota Land Cruiser Comparison

Third place to vehicles that you can buy two or three of each, or four of one of them for the price of the Mercedes.

Mercedes = "short wheel base and high center of gravity,"

Mercedes = lowest ground clearance (although better than it appeared when i saw it on the road - I am wondering if they offer a 2wd version because the one I saw did not appear to be as high off the ground as the one pictured here - or maybe it just looks lower than it is).

In snow it got stuck a lot, but possibly because it comes with terrible tires, however they suspected it would not be better with better tires.

This is an on road vehicle. Among other things no one is going to take a $200,000 vehicle off road. You have to keep the pretty paint on the ugly vehicle looking pretty. It is not a terrible off road vehicle, but it is not a good one. Less expensive less ugly vehicles are better.

It does not have large passenger or payload capacity. thus it is not really competition for things like Suburban, or a pick up truck.

It is not a performance vehicle despite the massive cost for a powerful engine. All but lower end cars toady are faster than this thing.

It is not a luxury vehicle. It is uncomfortable according to most reviews.

This is not a stylish vehicle that you pay a huge premium for its looks. It is ugly and ungainly looking. (Easy to see in this comparison, but it is out of proportion too tall for its width and length it looks silly, or ugly or stupid depending on who you ask. I do not see how people would look at this and not say "Look, someone made a bad copy of a jeep" At least in the US where people are accustomed to seeing Jeeps and unaccustomed to seeing ungainly out of balance goofy looking vehicles.

It is a vehicle that serves no purpose but to cost a lot. You can go to the grocery store pretty fast, but there are faster grocery getters.

Back to the original thread topic. Today I saw a 1937 Ford pick up. t least the license place said Ford 37. It was in a parking lot though not technically on the road, but it had to go ont he road to get to the parking lot, so I say that counts. Funny thing is, it was parked at Autozone. What parts can you get at autozone for a 1937 Ford?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 08:47 AM

2,340 posts, read 1,735,214 times
A right-hand drive yellow Nissan. I’m told it’s a Fairlady, as opposed to a Fairlady Z, and is a derivative of the 240SX. It was parked outside a tuner shop, presumably to be made into a drifter.

Although, Wikipedia’s page does not mention the Fairlady. Only the Fairlady Z. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Z-car

Last edited by echo7tango; 09-14-2019 at 07:17 AM..

Old 11-15-2017, 03:17 PM

48 posts, read 56,471 times
Last night I saw two prototype Faraday Future FF91s. One looked to be near production quality, finished in satin black. The second was a more roughly finished "mule'. This was on the 405 in the Gardena/Torrance area of LA.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:37 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
In Palo Alto today was a nice, clean, brown BMW 2002 (not a tii), running well. I was behind it for a couple of miles and I didn't get any exhaust smell, pretty impressive for a late 1960s car. The brown paint on it looked good. I think the driver was a fan of the app, YAMMER.

Boy, those old 2002s are tiny.
I had a Sahara Beige 1974 BMW 2002 for over ten years. Yes, they are tiny by today's standards, but it could haul five people, and had a comparatively large trunk. I had it before, during, and after college, and could fit three to four kegs in it with no problem.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:37 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
Where I live right now, any car that isn't a pickup is interesting.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:25 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
2016 Aventador SV today. I was surprised to see it on the road in mid-November.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,571,343 times
BMW i3.

That is one ugly, hideous vehicle.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:19 PM

2,340 posts, read 1,735,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I had a Sahara Beige 1974 BMW 2002 for over ten years. Yes, they are tiny by today's standards, but it could haul five people, and had a comparatively large trunk. I had it before, during, and after college, and could fit three to four kegs in it with no problem.
Now that’s a utilitarian vehicle. In college, cars don’t get much more useful than that.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:45 PM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
I saw a lifted 1968 Mustang on the highway its was higher then the truck behind it

Old 11-21-2017, 04:27 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Learning 102 for you today:

Lets look at a balanced neutral review from a recognized reviewer.

Jeep Wrangler vs Mercedes G550 vs Toyota Land Cruiser Comparison

Third place to vehicles that you can buy two or three of each, or four of one of them for the price of the Mercedes.

Mercedes = "short wheel base and high center of gravity,"

Mercedes = lowest ground clearance (although better than it appeared when i saw it on the road - I am wondering if they offer a 2wd version because the one I saw did not appear to be as high off the ground as the one pictured here - or maybe it just looks lower than it is).

In snow it got stuck a lot, but possibly because it comes with terrible tires, however they suspected it would not be better with better tires.

This is an on road vehicle. Among other things no one is going to take a $200,000 vehicle off road. You have to keep the pretty paint on the ugly vehicle looking pretty. It is not a terrible off road vehicle, but it is not a good one. Less expensive less ugly vehicles are better.

It does not have large passenger or payload capacity. thus it is not really competition for things like Suburban, or a pick up truck.

It is not a performance vehicle despite the massive cost for a powerful engine. All but lower end cars toady are faster than this thing.

It is not a luxury vehicle. It is uncomfortable according to most reviews.

This is not a stylish vehicle that you pay a huge premium for its looks. It is ugly and ungainly looking. (Easy to see in this comparison, but it is out of proportion too tall for its width and length it looks silly, or ugly or stupid depending on who you ask. I do not see how people would look at this and not say "Look, someone made a bad copy of a jeep" At least in the US where people are accustomed to seeing Jeeps and unaccustomed to seeing ungainly out of balance goofy looking vehicles.

It is a vehicle that serves no purpose but to cost a lot. You can go to the grocery store pretty fast, but there are faster grocery getters.

Back to the original thread topic. Today I saw a 1937 Ford pick up. t least the license place said Ford 37. It was in a parking lot though not technically on the road, but it had to go ont he road to get to the parking lot, so I say that counts. Funny thing is, it was parked at Autozone. What parts can you get at autozone for a 1937 Ford?
Was this what you saw? I didn’t know this thing existed, but still holds it's value a ton!

https://www.mancusomotorsports.com/i...g-class/16139/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive