Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,944 times

Advertisements

ANYTHING General Motors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 05:16 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
"Piece Of Cake" question . . . VW / Volkswagen.

After their blatant Fraud and Deceit, all United States sales of VW, as well as Audi, should be immediately terminated at least until this entire fiasco is settled, possibly much longer.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:06 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Volvo S60 Inscription Platinum
Cadillac CT6 PHEV
Buick Envision
I said any car. Yes that is correct. That would include makers like Geely or Chery

Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I was really surprised the first time I rode in a 3-series a few years back. No idea what year it was made but it was at least 2006 or newer. Exterior looked nice but as soon as I got in I felt like I was in a 15 year old car. Lots of wear and tear which I suppose could have been due to poor care but still. Radio display didn't work anytime it was below 40 or so. At least not until the car was warmed up and even then you had to wait 10 minutes plus. My friend was just guessing what radio station it was on. Even if the display worked it was incredibly basic.
All the "entry" luxury cars are horrid

Old 12-23-2016, 06:43 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times
Yugo

Old 12-23-2016, 06:50 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
All brands have some good points. Some body styles look good, some have decent engines, some have decent interiors and good ergonomics. Sadly just about all have waaay too much inferior Chinese parts in them. When purchasing, it depends on what you are willing to compromise on.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:25 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
I've been burned badly once by VW, and never again.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:27 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
There's two. Ford, because every Ford I've ever been in I feel I have to wrench my leg way up to not bang my leg on the bottom of the door way. Like I'm crawling out of a hole.

And Honda, because their seats hit me exactly wrong, and they just aren't comfortable.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:36 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,253,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I won't buy a Kia, ever. I refuse to reward a company with my business when they have so blatantly ripped off other car companies with their design and features.

Honda. I have an extreme dislike of the brand for various reasons, as a car enthusiast, their corporate culture/strategy/market is completely at odds with what I like in a car and why I buy cars.

Hyundai. My wife and I have had Hyundai's before but after their refusal to honor their powertrain warranty and then lying to us about the cause of the problem, we have sworn off the brand.

At the moment, BMW. I've owned BMW's in the past, but that was a long time ago. They suffer from idiotic design flaws and horrible reliability at the moment, and until they clean up their act and start making reliable cars again, I will stay away from them until they have a proven track record again.

GM. Similar to Kia, I won't reward a company who repeatedly lied about a variety of unsafe conditions in their cars and tried to sweep them under the rug. I've also heard they are horrible about honoring their warranties too.

Ferrari. I can't afford a new Ferrari, but I could buy a CPO one. However, their arrogance and ego have just become too much. Making potential owners jump through hoops to buy certain models, refusing to sell current owners certain models unless they've met some ultra elitist criteria... It's just ridiculous. Other exotic car companies don't do this, there's no reason for it. If I ever win the lottery or decide to splurge in retirement on an exotic car, they won't be on my list at all.

I've owned just about every other make you can buy stateside, so I wouldn't rule anyone else out that I can think of.
Wow. I'd really like to understand the whole Honda "corporate culture/strategy/market" issues you have. I worked at Honda for nearly 28 years,and while I didn't agree with 100% of everything they did I still thought they were a very good company and corporate citizen. Care to share?

Old 12-23-2016, 07:36 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Chrysler-Dodge. I never liked them when I was growing up in the 50s, but in 1991 I was involved in a lengthly consulting job in a smallish town and my car was nearly demolished by a drunk driver (not me!), and the only cars I could rent by the month (while my car was in the shop for 3 months) were from the Dodge-Chrysler dealer. I tried their largest Dodge, then their largest Chrysler. Both were basically the same -- CRAP! I'm sure they've improved, but it's one of those things I'll never get over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive