Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 02:06 PM

10,061 posts, read 7,229,638 times

Advertisements

Everyone should have at least 1 manual car in their life. Preferably they should learn it early.

I just bought one last year and am embarrassed to admit it took me more than a month to become proficient driving it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 02:59 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I've driven some very high powered cars with stick but for daily driver to work I prefer my Prius with the CVT. It's just so effortless and easy. Going to work in some areas there are 10-15mins of bumper to bumper traffic and it can wear down your leg going home. In the end, I much rather drive simple car for work and on the weekend I can enjoy my high powered stick shift cars
Please don't tell me it's blue.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:22 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
A buyer driving across three states to buy your manual Mazda tells me original production of manual transmissions for that model was probably very low. You had a buyer looking for a used one, and had to have a manual, and was willing to travel a long distance to get it, and pay a premium price.
100% correct I have been searching high and low for a 2007-2011 BMW 650i convertible in a 6spd manual at a certain price point for a while now. They are out there. When a particular comes up you have been searching for you HAVE to jump on it, even if that means taking a leap of faith and buying sight unseen.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Funny thing is, for "normal" cars like the Nissan Versa S sedan, the stick shift version actually costs you less by about $1,000 than the automatic Versa sedan. Thanks, Dad, for teaching me how ta drive stick shift rigs. I learned on a 1966 VW Fastback in baby blue, 4-speeds. That car was a ball ta drive. I got hit by a lady who was "late for my ceramics class!"

The other accident in that car was done by me, myself and I. I hit the brakes on a snow-covered furniture store parking lot! Not smart. I skidded right off that lot into a landscaped area, up and onto a large boulder. Broke several front-end parts. It was Dad's VW Fastback, and apparently he loved that car as much as I because he decided ta get it's front end rebuilt. Maybe it wasn't damaged as bad as I thought. I think he remembered a certain accident he caused in Europe in a car that he and his buddies bought while in the service over there. Showed some leniency to me because I never heard a word from him about that accident - I was only a few months with my driver's license then, winter of 1975.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I've driven some very high powered cars with stick but for daily driver to work I prefer my Prius with the CVT. It's just so effortless and easy. Going to work in some areas there are 10-15mins of bumper to bumper traffic and it can wear down your leg going home. In the end, I much rather drive simple car for work and on the weekend I can enjoy my high powered stick shift cars

I don't personally like the CVT transmissions they have a rubber band type feel to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive