Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:46 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaRgahi View Post
Hi all,

I was trying to get a dark gray with ash interior (cloth) but then I checked the Creme exterior with Almond cloth interior which looked so nice and luxurious.

What color would you pick? Which color gets "dirtier" quicker and needs high maintenance?

Any thoughts?

PS: I am getting a LE model.
I just purchased a '15 XSE for my wife. It has the black interior which, in my opinion, looks way better than the tan (cream) interior which seems to stain easily. Whichever you get, I would also pick up some Weathertech floor mats to protect the carpet. They aren't cheap, but they are durable, easy to clean, and they fit as if they came with the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 AM
A02

74 posts, read 103,080 times
From my experience on other vehicles... the dark gray exterior will hide dirt better but show scratches more. The creme exterior will show dirt more but hide scratches better.

As for interior, I try to stay away from the lighter colors now that we have kids... but that's just me.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:46 AM

265 posts, read 347,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A02 View Post
From my experience on other vehicles... the dark gray exterior will hide dirt better but show scratches more. The creme exterior will show dirt more but hide scratches better.

As for interior, I try to stay away from the lighter colors now that we have kids... but that's just me.
Mmmm, what would you think of the Gray exterior and Black interior? I can still change my mind I guess, haven't picked up the car yet but I have to decide which color to get and something is pulling me away from the Almond interior even though I really liked it

Old 01-16-2017, 07:59 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
I currently do not have kids, but I am soon having one - I went with the Beige/Creme Exterior and Almond interior, since it looks great. Also, in Massachusetts, any color car will look like a mess in Winter LOL. So maintaining the car regularly will prevent that.

The Dark Gray looked very nice, but the inside is Ash/Gray-ish which looks a bit outdated for me, and the black is just to practical or normal of a color.
So beige is not practical or normal of a color?

If you are looking for excitement in your color combination how about some actual color?

Old 01-16-2017, 08:02 AM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times
bone or ivory color....not white.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
Quote:
Hi all,

I was trying to get a dark gray with ash interior (cloth) but then I checked the Creme exterior with Almond cloth interior which looked so nice and luxurious.

What color would you pick? Which color gets "dirtier" quicker and needs high maintenance?

Any thoughts?

PS: I am getting a LE model.
That's what a hose with a sprayer head on it is for. Just get the one you like better.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
That's what a hose with a sprayer head on it is for. Just get the one you like better.
Very true - But from the inside you cannot spray it LOL. I think I will change my mind to a black interior instead.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:09 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
I have owned both combinations that you've described. My crème colored car with tan interior looked nicer years later than my black colored car with dark interior. The sun is kinder to light colored cars over dark colored cars regarding their paint finish IMO. Also, the crème color would show less dirt than the dark in my experience.

And, just from your post it seems that you favor the crème colored one.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
The crème color would show less dirt than the dark. And, just from your post it seems that you favor the crème colored one.
I like the Creme color one a lot, but the interior will get really dirty since it only comes with Almond/Beige.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:52 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Get the one that gets you safely and economically to and fro your destination.

Beyond that it's preferences....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive