Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:57 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,661,274 times

Advertisements

My Ford Fusion has been doing this occasionally since new. The dealership said not to worry about it, the transmission for this car is known for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 03:28 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
Especially if the car seems to shift, but weakly engage from N to R or D and sometimes with a delay.

I am hoping low low fluid (due to a leak) because, beyond that, if new fluid doesn't help it...

Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T, 2006
So what did the shop say was wrong?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 PM

572 posts, read 435,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So what did the shop say was wrong?
Substitute "shop" for "OP with the Internet" and I noticed my ATF is overfull about a quart.........

Old 01-26-2017, 06:04 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Substitute "shop" for "OP with the Internet" and I noticed my ATF is overfull about a quart.........
And that happened how?

Old 01-26-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
And that happened how?
Well, there must not have been a trans fluid leak then! Maybe it was another fluid?

I'll let that overfull amount out, and begin the drain/fill, report back?

Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 PM

UPDATE for the Internet Community: 16oz. MMO added to presently existing overfull condition appears to be greatly reducing the occasional transmission "buck" (kick like a bucking rodeo bull one time) and greatly improving road driveability... Thus far, adding exactly 16oz Marvel Mystery Oil has been only procedure performed to remedy. That, and clearing all codes. I had 6 codes.

I will monitor for further improvement before beginning drain and fills. No "snake oil bombs" or concoctions of different cleaners.. gave MMO a shot first due to reputation as low strength for gradual and therefore SAFE cleaning, and appears to be working wonders within 50 miles of being introduced to the system.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:56 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Quote:
UPDATE for the Internet Community: 16oz. MMO added to presently existing overfull condition appears to be greatly reducing the occasional transmission "buck" (kick like a bucking rodeo bull one time) and greatly improving road driveability... Thus far, adding exactly 16oz Marvel Mystery Oil has been only procedure performed to remedy. That, and clearing all codes. I had 6 codes.

I will monitor for further improvement before beginning drain and fills. No "snake oil bombs" or concoctions of different cleaners.. gave MMO a shot first due to reputation as low strength for gradual and therefore SAFE cleaning, and appears to be working wonders within 50 miles of being introduced to the system.
I strongly suggest you at least drain it down to normal level. Normally adding more fluid to an over-filled trans is not a good move.

Sounds like your fluid is at least partially burnt, you could change it out a few quarts at a time or just do a drain and refill, I'd change the filter too if it has one.

Sometimes the simple obvious fix is at least the best first move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive