Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 02:21 PM

572 posts, read 435,400 times

Advertisements

To quote 50 Cent:

Quote:
Try to see 300G's before you see 300C's
I can get a car for about 400 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 02:39 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
why is the CLA hated so much? Because it's FWD? FWD has come a long way and these days many front drivers are no slouches when it comes to handling. Most people will never drive a car in a way to even exploit 50% of its' handling capability anyway.. yeah, you're not testing lateral Gs going to the grocery store Most people are such bad drivers that they cannot even stay in the lane when turning, it's laughable that they talk about handling. A driving skills course may be a better investment.

I think the CLA looks sharps inside and out and that is what most people buy a car for anyway... 3 pointed star to show off like the OP, and good styling and comfort. And power is not bad, 208hp, 0-60 in 6.9 seconds.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:51 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
why is the CLA hated so much? Because it's FWD? FWD has come a long way and these days many front drivers are no slouches when it comes to handling. Most people will never drive a car in a way to even exploit 50% of its' handling capability anyway.. yeah, you're not testing lateral Gs going to the grocery store Most people are such bad drivers that they cannot even stay in the lane when turning, it's laughable that they talk about handling. A driving skills course may be a better investment.

I think the CLA looks sharps inside and out and that is what most people buy a car for anyway... 3 pointed star to show off like the OP, and good styling and comfort. And power is not bad, 208hp, 0-60 in 6.9 seconds.
Let's see...

Irritating start/stop system
Meager power for a 2L turbo.
Worthless back seat. May as well buy a coupe.
Poor ride quality... there are other cars that handle great without beating up their driver.
Cheap interior relative to other similarly priced or even lower priced cars.

Need more?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:51 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Let's see...

Irritating start/stop system
Meager power for a 2L turbo.
Worthless back seat. May as well buy a coupe.
Poor ride quality... there are other cars that handle great without beating up their driver.
Cheap interior relative to other similarly priced or even lower priced cars.

Need more?

Not that I'm interested in the cla after the reviews
I've read on this thread but I should say

Cla is a coupe

Cla isn't really popular here though. BMW 3 series on the other hand is, seems like everyone owns one pretty much.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:03 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,722,554 times
Quote:

If it didn't have that 3-point star, would it still be desirable to the masses? My guess is no.

I say the same thing about the Audi A3 sedan, which still very largely recalls the Jetta it's based on.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
If it didn't have that 3-point star, would it still be desirable to the masses? My guess is no.

I say the same thing about the Audi A3 sedan, which still very largely recalls the Jetta it's based on.
The CLA looks like an aborted whale.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
People say a CLA is cheap, with decent options it is over $40k, I fail to understand how that is cheap. Yes, you can technically get a CLA for $29k but that does not have anything in it nor can you easily find such a no frills configuration on a dealer lot. Most are paying at least $35-36k, add on tax/title and the thing is $40+k on the road price. That is expensive in my book.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:28 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Cheap is not necessarily the same thing as affordable.

It is cheaply built/designed vs the competition in that price bracket.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
People say a CLA is cheap, with decent options it is over $40k, I fail to understand how that is cheap. Yes, you can technically get a CLA for $29k but that does not have anything in it nor can you easily find such a no frills configuration on a dealer lot. Most are paying at least $35-36k, add on tax/title and the thing is $40+k on the road price. That is expensive in my book.
In the 90s, you could get a BMW 318ti for $19,999.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:00 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Is the BMW 3 series a reliable vehicle? I found a 2014 BMW 328i Premium for 22k w/ 27k miles.

Sure it won't impress the neighbors but it looks like a good and not boring vehicle for commute. I've been trying to avoid the 3 series but I might as well. I will try to take it for a test drive on Friday. I might be able to pay for it in cash, I'd probably need about a 3-4k loan though, but that's nothing. I could probably pay it off in 6 months with 1% interest if I look really hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive