Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 02:37 PM

73 posts, read 72,214 times

Advertisements

Hi I was just rear ended this morning going to work. My husband's car had it financed and put money down just a month ago. Its used around 14,000 dollars. My neck and back was sore, so I went to er for check and meds. Called the Ladys insurance co havent heard back, but I need a rental car. What can I expect to happen? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 02:45 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Call your insurance company.. they'll take care of things.
Check your policy too to see if you have coverage for a rental car.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,399,669 times
Go to the nearest city bus stop shelter/bench and call the phone number of the lawyer that's advertising on it and "Get the money YOU deserve"!!!

Good luck!

Old 02-07-2017, 02:52 PM

505 posts, read 846,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Call your insurance company.. they'll take care of things.
Check your policy too to see if you have coverage for a rental car.
Yep, have your insurance deal with the other party. That's their job, not yours.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:55 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times
Don't say a word to the other party's insurance carrier. Give the info to your insurance carrier and let them handle it.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:08 PM

You guys will love this called my insurance company the one starting with G -- ive had for years. I can file claim with them- Ha no And pay my deductable Had to almost beg for them to call her insurance co They can only report it Why am i paying them tons of money?!

Old 02-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Any info guys?

Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,046,958 times
The first thing you need to do is identify if you have rental insurance. If you do, get the rental and let your insurance company handle the repairs. When it is time to give the rental back, let them know you will return said rental when they confirm they have recovered your deductible from the other companies insurance. That way your insurance company will be losing money on the rental that you are driving until they get your deductible reimbursement confirmed. Works like a charm.

Being rear-ended will not (shouldn't) affect your rate with a reputable company as it will (should certainly) be considered a "not at fault" accident. The only leverage you have is to get into something that costs the insurance company money. Then they will work "for you".

If you don't have rental insurance this becomes more difficult because there is no leverage for you. The legal help may be necessary if you aren't happy with the insurance company handling things.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,255,215 times
Here's some info: You have crap insurance. I'll guarantee that my premiums are no higher than yours, but I've got a local agent that I speak to in person who knows I'll go down the street if he doesn't take care of me. But he probably doesn't even think in those terms, he just takes care of me because it's his job.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:16 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,728,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz57 View Post
You guys will love this called my insurance company the one starting with G -- ive had for years. I can file claim with them- Ha no And pay my deductable Had to almost beg for them to call her insurance co They can only report it Why am i paying them tons of money?!

If you call your insurance company then yes, you will have to pay your deductible for them to pay the claim to get your car fixed. You will not receive it back until your insurance is reimbursed by the other company. Did you call the police to the scene and get a police report? Call their insurance, file a claim with THEIR company and tell them you need a rental car ASAP. If they refuse, then you have no choice but to let your insurance company handle it.

And if it's Geico.......they are not a crap company. Actually very large (3rd in the country) they are owned by Berkshire Hathaway. The point is, if you want to avoid paying your deductible for the time being it needs to go through their insurance. Your insurance will only file a claim through your policy, not theirs. You need to be the one who files the claim with the other persons carrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive