Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 07:17 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

Making a right on red or at a stop sign without stopping would be the most common. I see a lot of dinks running their fog lights because one of the fancy new headlight white bulbs they bought is burned out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 05:45 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Dawdling. esp in morning time..wake up and drive!

Old 07-07-2018, 03:57 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
What do you think is the worst driving habit you commonly see?

For me it is tailgating. I see tailgating as a personal threat. It is like the other driver is pointing a gun at me. If anything makes me incredibly mad, that is it. If I ever lose it in road rage and get out and rip someone’s mirror off and hand it to them (my brother did this once), it will be a tailgater. That is the most annoying and probably one of the most dangerous. It is also the thing I see most often.

Texting is more dangerous but that is not driving, so I do not consider it a driving habit. They are failing to drive just like someone reading, putting on makeup or folding their laundry. Plus I really do not see it that much anymore. Nowhere near as much as tailgating. People seem to have woken up to the dangers of texting.

Drunk driving is also extremely dangerous, however I see noticeably drunk people only rarely now. Part of that is because I do not drive late at night that much anymore. Usually I assume the swerving, going slow, failing to signal or stop person is texting. If I see they are not texting then I assume they are either drunk or having a stroke. But it is not that common.

Changing without signaling is also very common. In fact, it may be more common than not. However while it is dangerous/rude/annoying, I do not find it as big a problem as tailgating.

Then there are people who just do not understand what signals mean. This weekend, a lady turned left on a yellow arrow right in front of oncoming traffic. Then she started yelling at the poor older lady who hit her. She thought a yellow arrow meant “hurry up, the light is about to turn red”

What driving habit do you think is most prevalent/dangerous or most aggravating?
Quote:
What do you think is the worst driving habit you commonly see?
I would think that the worst driving habit one can have is to look at what other driver's do, instead of keeping one's eyes on the road and concentrating on driving. Can you imagine what would happen if all the drivers on a road keep an eye on each other looking for what each one does? There is not such a thing as a perfect driver who never makes mistakes, and that's when defensive driving comes into play. It is much easier to be bothered by what others do than it is to be bothered by what one does.

Last edited by RayinAK; 07-07-2018 at 04:15 PM..

Old 07-07-2018, 04:06 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Drivers not being patient enough to wait for a left lane driver to move over when it's safe, and instead decides to dart across 3 lanes of traffic to the right to pass.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:11 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Nope. Especially if "slowly" is defined as "not driving enough mph over the speed limit" by the tailgater.

No one deserves to be tailgated. That's just someone unable to deal with deferred gratification until they can safely pass making excuses for their own behavior.

WHY is it people are so quick to cite speed limit laws while completely ignoring the 'Keep right except to pass' laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive