Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 03:04 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
As for me displaying ANGER on the forum, YES I FULLY admit, I am display a lot of anger on here.

BUT you need to understand I don't actually do any of the anger towards another driver on the roads.

I am VERY good at bottling up my frustrations and feelings, but I have to let it OUT. I just don't let it out on the roads. I hate the slow drivers blocking me so much, but the LAST THING I WANT is to get myself hurt or others hurt!!! I let it out on this forum where this is a rightful topic about what I have been feeling on the road!

The SAD things is, I know every time I drive I will most likely encounter another slow driver blocking the left lane and unfortunately I get to refill my anger & frustration bottle.
I am glad to find out that your anger on this forum does not get transferred out onto the road. BTW, I do enjoy reading your posts so far on this topic. But I will admit ( jokingly) I do have this mental image in my head with steam coming out of your head and arms flailing all over when another driver does something to **** you off.

When it comes to driving....just get there safely.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:16 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
I admit that I drive for long distances in the left lane. In rural Idaho, even on the interstate, sometimes you can go an hour and pass only 5 cars. A busy road here is like 3 AM on a Tuesday morning most big cities.

Plus the right lanes have deep ruts in them in some places. The left lanes tend to be smoother. So I'll just stay in the left lane until I see a faster car coming up in the rear view mirror, and then I'll go right to get out of their way, and go back to the left again.

Speed limit is 80 and they ticket at 81, so I set the speedometer at 79 and hit the cruise control. I do most of the passing, and only rarely get passed.

Hate me if you will.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I admit that I drive for long distances in the left lane. In rural Idaho, even on the interstate, sometimes you can go an hour and pass only 5 cars. A busy road here is like 3 AM on a Tuesday morning most big cities.

Plus the right lanes have deep ruts in them in some places. The left lanes tend to be smoother. So I'll just stay in the left lane until I see a faster car coming up in the rear view mirror, and then I'll go right to get out of their way, and go back to the left again.

Speed limit is 80 and they ticket at 81, so I set the speedometer at 79 and hit the cruise control. I do most of the passing, and only rarely get passed.

Hate me if you will.
Thats a bad idea. When drunks drive the wrong direction on the interstate, they almost always drive in the #1 lane. If you are doing 80, and a drunk is coming at you at 80, he will be closing on you at 160 mph. That probably will not give you enough time to change lanes to avoid hitting him head on.

Also cruise control set to 79, will still accelerate past 81 going down hill, and cops always point their radar to the #1 lane. So you are putting yourself at risk of getting a ticket, doing what you are doing.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:17 PM

64 posts, read 49,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
I am glad to find out that your anger on this forum does not get transferred out onto the road. BTW, I do enjoy reading your posts so far on this topic. But I will admit ( jokingly) I do have this mental image in my head with steam coming out of your head and arms flailing all over when another driver does something to **** you off.

When it comes to driving....just get there safely.
That it is exactly why I am PUTTING ALL MY ANGER on this forum, instead of out there on the roads. I don't like nor do I even approve ANY one doing it on the roads at all. BE SAFE, don't intimitate and hurt other YES you CAN be FAST AND NOT be a dangerous driver!!! Because, the two absolutely DON'T correlate. And, I am not mature, right?

Sorry that you have to read all my ANGERS on this forum lol, but it had to go somewhere. I am unbelievably upset how some people are in this world, SO inconsiderate! SADLY though, I just don't think people will change! Seems people like this TexasLady doesn't get it ( and can only assume falsely) and never will. And, it really is just SAD that they just don't get it. I think I already said I am the one who is driving less now, but why should it be me. It should be these Inconsiderate slow drivers who drive less!

HOW HARD IS IT TO BE CONSIDERATE AND MOVE OVER!?!?

Also, I encourage other upset/frustrated people to also try to bottle it all up, instead of showing any anger on the roads, just VENT it off on forums, and threads just like this one!

Also, vent it towards your elected officials.

It won't do you any good that when you are upset you let out all that anger on the roads. Very dangerous for not just other driver but also you and everyone else. Which is why my first post I made in this thread was "Don't brake-check".

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-17-2017 at 07:45 PM..

Old 03-17-2017, 07:35 PM

64 posts, read 49,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post

Hate me if you will.
As long as you move over whenever you see faster cars behind you, there is no issue. Just do it in a timely fashion, otherwise, the driver may move right, and you at the same time is also moving right.

The problem is with these inconsiderate jerks that would NOT move over (and nobody else are in their way on the right at the time)!

Also, where is it that they ticket for only 1MPH over SL? Is it where traffic isn't at all high?

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-17-2017 at 07:51 PM..

Old 03-17-2017, 10:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,391 times
Quote:
That it is exactly why I am PUTTING ALL MY ANGER on this forum, instead of out there on the roads. I don't like nor do I even approve ANY one doing it on the roads at all. BE SAFE, don't intimitate and hurt other YES you CAN be FAST AND NOT be a dangerous driver!!! Because, the two absolutely DON'T correlate. And, I am not mature, right?

Sorry that you have to read all my ANGERS on this forum lol, but it had to go somewhere. I am unbelievably upset how some people are in this world, SO inconsiderate! SADLY though, I just don't think people will change! Seems people like this TexasLady doesn't get it ( and can only assume falsely) and never will. And, it really is just SAD that they just don't get it. I think I already said I am the one who is driving less now, but why should it be me. It should be these Inconsiderate slow drivers who drive less!

HOW HARD IS IT TO BE CONSIDERATE AND MOVE OVER!?!?

Also, I encourage other upset/frustrated people to also try to bottle it all up, instead of showing any anger on the roads, just VENT it off on forums, and threads just like this one!

Also, vent it towards your elected officials.

It won't do you any good that when you are upset you let out all that anger on the roads. Very dangerous for not just other driver but also you and everyone else. Which is why my first post I made in this thread was "Don't brake-check".
I did rep you.

Don't worry about venting on these forums.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:18 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
the most dangerous cars in maine are prius's and smart cars...

on the highway when a prius is trying to pass a smart car,,it takes 5 miles , the speed limit is 70, the prius is going 65mph and smart car 64 mph.. so they block traffic for miles and miles and even some try to pass on the break-down lane,,

90% of the prius's I see go 5mph below the speed limits,,,

this causes many to swerve in and out ,,

Old 03-18-2017, 12:22 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
the most dangerous cars in maine are prius's and smart cars...

on the highway when a prius is trying to pass a smart car,,it takes 5 miles , the speed limit is 70, the prius is going 65mph and smart car 64 mph.. so they block traffic for miles and miles and even some try to pass on the break-down lane,,
He's not trying to pass, they're racing. Damn hippies

Old 03-18-2017, 01:20 PM

196 posts, read 158,931 times
In South Florida, the left lane is host to the slowest traffic — it is easier to plow by in the right lane in a lot of places*. Living here, you become an expert at passing on the right. Dangerous and probably illegal, but there is nowhere else to pass, plus, the cops don't even seem to care.

The precise reason I bought a tiny two seater turbocharged sports car (MINI Coupe S) was to be able to quickly get through microscopic holes in roadblocks created by slow drivers that block roads by driving next to other slow drivers.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:13 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
I am talking about the SLOW people that stay in the left lane, and won't move to the right lane when those faster are behind them (and it IS safe for them to do so)!
Define "SLOW people" please.

(Hint, slower traffic is not defined as anyone driving slower than YOU wish to drive).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive