Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 06:40 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,588,852 times

Advertisements

You know what is funny about this thread... people complaining about left lane "huggers" but stay in the left lane doing the same thing. If someone is in the left lane slowing down traffic and you stick behind them you are doing the same thing. If they are slowing you down you need to get back in the right lane then when traffic in the left lane eventually breaks up you get back over. The left lane is for passing are you passing driving for miles in the left lane? Hypocrites lol

Old 03-11-2017, 10:25 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,439 times
I so agree with the OP. Do not back up traffic in the left lane. Last I checked, SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.

Last edited by jteskal; 03-11-2017 at 11:00 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 10:48 PM

1,088 posts, read 1,463,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Great. So you want to speed and you are biotching about someone who is ONLY going 5 or 10 mph an hour over the speed limit.

80 MPH is not legal anywhere in the USA. You need to get over yourself and drive the speed limit. Regardless of one loony driver (other than yourself) on the road.
Georgia law specifically states that a person in the left lane must move to the right lane to allow faster moving vehicles, period! Whether either driver is 'speeding' is irrelevant. It is not the job nor the right of any non-law-enforcement officer to regulate speed on the highway. State lawmakers and law enforcement officials have stated in interviews that drivers blocking the left lane are MORE dangerous than speeding (with the flow of traffic) because they anger other drivers and can incite road rage.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I stand corrected. In the past 2 years, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming have added statutes allowing higher speeds so there are now a few places where the speed limit is posted at 80.

However please note that the OP does not live in or near ANY of those states. There is nowhere in Georgia where he lives that allows 80 mph.

So my statement stands. The guy wants to speed and is biotching about someone not going ENOUGH OVER THE SPEED LIMIT to make him happy. He is the one who needs to be jerked off the road and not allowed to drive in ANY lane whatsoever.
I'm complaining about someone failing to adhere to STATE LAW! It is the law that you must move to the right if a faster moving vehicle approaches you in the left lane. This is irrelevant to how fast you or the approaching driver is going!

It's also telling that lane 'hogs' are being ticketed regularly in the Atlanta area and it is a 2-point offense against a Georgia driver's license. Interestingly, speeding 14mph or less over the limit is a ZERO point offense! I have never been ticketed for going 14mph or less over the limit on the highway and I've never known anyone else who has either.

She was rude....kind of like your statements. I've been driving for 27 years, speeding for most of it, and I've never injured myself or another driver. Get over it!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Although there are places in the US where 80 is legal (I recently drove on a road where the limit was 85 mph) I agree with everything else you said. SPEEDERS SUCK!
Why do 'SPEEDERS SUCK'? I am a very alert, defensive driver. My vehicle is equipped with high-performance brakes and tires and I've never caused an accident (in 27 years and over 750k miles of driving)!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Why did you wait to pass her? She's obviously mentally deficient and passing on the right is commonplace when dealing with such nitwits.
I tried to avoid passing on the right because I knew all of the cars piled up behind me would do the same. Passing on the right is not as safe and I was hoping she would get out of the way and allow traffic to proceed. I was trying to do the right thing....until I couldn't any longer.

Then again, there's a reason I chose one of the quicker and best handling SUVs when I bought mine. Next time, I'll just take the chance when I get it.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:07 PM

193 posts, read 183,285 times
I rode with a guy once that spent our entire 20 mile trip in the left lane. I was like wth? He wasn't driving crazy fast either. I think they passed some law about staying in the left lane forever. I'm not sure though.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Wait. Let me see if I got this right. You passed her on the right, then floored it, then moved back into the left lane? Seems like you're one of those left-lane-drivers too.
When she failed to move out of the left lane to allow me and the cars behind me to pass her, I went around her on the right. Then I moved back into the left lane until I got around the slower moving cars in that lane then I moved into the right lane so others could pass me on the LEFT if the wanted to go faster than me.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
I agree with your points but you shouldn't have brake checked... She probably has bad reaction time and someone similar to her will end up in your back bumper

Why didn't you pass on the right as soon as you had the chance?
You are right. I shouldn't have brake checked her...it was out of anger/frustration because she was tailgating me. Even when we reached I-75, which is 6-lanes, she would change lanes when I did and continue tailgating me. She backed off slightly when I brake checked her, but she could have hit me. After several miles of her crap, I managed to pull away from her (won't say how fast I was going...but she couldn't keep up).

Old 03-11-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I so agree with the OP. Do not back up traffic in the left lane. Last I checked, SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.
I drove from Atlanta to Pittsburgh last year to visit my best friend. I noticed, particularly in West Virginia, that the interstates had "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs instead of "Slower Traffic Keep Right". It seemed to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive