Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 11:44 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,169 times

Advertisements

I can't stand people who do this.

I don't understand at all why they speed up once people try to pass.

TN passed a law making it illegal. Unless you are passing cars, if you are holding another car up, regardless of what speed you are going, it is against the law.

move over.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:54 PM

572 posts, read 435,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Great. So you want to speed and you are biotching about someone who is ONLY going 5 or 10 mph an hour over the speed limit.

80 MPH is not legal anywhere in the USA. You need to get over yourself and drive the speed limit. Regardless of one loony driver (other than yourself) on the road.
Texas.

Your statement is wrong.

It's actually 85..

Old 03-12-2017, 01:06 AM

56 posts, read 63,906 times
IGoZoom says in part:

Quote:
'The interstate that leads from my small town to I-75 is about 18 miles long and it only has two lanes in each direction. About five miles into the drive, I found myself stuck behind a car driving between 60 and 70mph (she couldn’t maintain a speed) in the LEFT lane.

I settled in behind her, alternating my speed to match hers and leaving several car lengths of space between us. For years, I would have been glued to her rear bumper, trying to “push” her out of the way, but now I remain calm and fall back a little to a safe following distance.

This continued for at least three miles and, the last time I counted, there were 12-13 cars piled up in the lane behind me. We finally reached an exit where everyone in the right lane exited, leaving the right lane wide open. I expected/hoped that she would ease over to the right and allow the parade of cars behind her to move on by. No such luck!

After a mile or so, I gave up and decided to pass her on the right. We were approaching an on-ramp that is usually very busy and I knew there would be cars filing into the right lane very shortly. I signaled, moved into the right lane and accelerated moderately (from about 65 to 72-73) and that skank SPED UP!!! At that point, I was p1ssed off and I floored it. Her Nissan Versa was no match for my CX-9 and I shot past her, signaled and moved back into the left lane in front of her!
She spent the next 10+ minutes glued to my rear bumper! I finally “brake-checked” her a few times to get her to back off. I also need to mention that she had to drive 80+ mph at times to keep up with me. What an idiot!!!...'
Here in Washington State, they would call you an 'aggressive driver'. Try leaving earlier for your appointments instead of believing that...

A) You are the only person going anywhere, or...

B) Believing the interstate is your personal version of the Daytona 500.

Aggressive driving in WA state can get you a $2,500 fine. Try that type of driving here and the State Patrol will show you what's what. And quickly. It's drivers like you that cause accidents. At least you didn't say you were calling on your cell phone to say you would be late. I have absolutely no sympathy for you. All drivers all different. Learn to adapt and stop thinking everyone should drive like you do. You probably wouldn't agree with my personal type of driving, which involves patience, defensive actions, and caring for the other drivers around me. But then...since I got my first license in 1972 I have NEVER been the cause of an accident. People with attitudes like yours have hit me occasionally, and you can bet my hand was out for their insurance company's check.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:13 AM

1,020 posts, read 808,834 times
So true! Our speed limit is 75 here, on the interstate. There is a stretch between Denver & Colorado Springs that is only 2 lanes each way. People still go faster. The point is not how fast they're going, it's if they are impeding the flow of traffic. They are. Move over. Uggghhh, it's only going to get much worse when tourist season gets here & we've got all the campers & RV's doing that stretch.

It's gotten so bad in the last year or 2, that the legislature is trying to rush through an expansion. The accidents used to mainly happen in bad weather. Now, they are daily. In beautiful sunshiney weather. Deadly ones every couple of days. The deadly ones can close down that 2 lane interstate for 4 hours at a time. I can't believe how much worse it's gotten, even though the whole stretch between Colorado Springs & Denver used to be 2 lane. Now only half of it is, but the accidents are much, much worse. Every day is a total crapshoot :-( & there is something on the news almost every day about this stretch.

Sadly, the 2 alternatives are truly 2 lane roads LOL. I know people have gotten much more aggressive & rushed in the last few years (I've done that drive for 16 yrs), but that's all the more reason to move over if you can't keep up with traffic!

Unfortunately, they don't really ticket it here, even though it's the law. BTW, in some states, like mine, our guns don't have to be in our glove compartments, they can be right out in the open. A woman was shot in my town, by the car behind her, just a few weeks ago. Apparently she'd pulled between him & a friend who he was following. So, he shot her. Worse...it wasn't the first time he'd done it.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:59 AM

588 posts, read 1,319,890 times
It's the mentality. People think inwardly about themselves, not giving a crap about others. They don't care that they are impeding traffic. They dont think logically nor do they think about efficiency. Whether it's driving or politics, it's the American way. They don't have this left lane problem in Germany or France.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:00 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Quote:
Great. So you want to speed and you are biotching about someone who is ONLY going 5 or 10 mph an hour over the speed limit.

80 MPH is not legal anywhere in the USA. You need to get over yourself and drive the speed limit. Regardless of one loony driver (other than yourself) on the road.
Oh yes IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in ID so I know you are wrong. But also travel to UT, NV, WY and MT, so there might be more, but again you are wrong!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:01 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:

You are incorrect. 80 mph or more is legal in at least seven states.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 AM

572 posts, read 435,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You are incorrect. 80 mph or more is legal in at least seven states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
Texas.

Your statement is wrong.

It's actually 85..

The two of us stand united. We have corrected inaccurate information.

Thank you. Life can now resume as usual!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:51 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
One of the best bumper stickers I've seen: "If I'm passing you on the right, you're wrong."

Old 03-12-2017, 08:00 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
I was driving along I195 in Massachusetts on a three lane section of the interstate. It was nighttime and I was in the right hand lane. Anyway, there was a car doing the same speed as me in the left lane. The middle lane was empty. I watched as a state trooper came up behind him and flashed his lights to get the 'hogger' to move over. The 'hogger' didn't know it was a Statie (because it was dark out) and brake checked him. Next thing the blue lights came on and the hogger got pulled over. How I laughed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive