Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 09:42 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times

Advertisements

Is it just a coincidence? This car my son just bought was brought down from Alberta Canada. Very low mileage, brand new condition. (under 3400 miles, 2 year old pickup)

The van I bought a few years ago was brought down from Canada, low miles, nearly new condition. That one was part of a fleet that came to a local dealer. 5 cargo vans with over 100,000 and my identical one with less than 30,000 miles on it, all came into the dealership as a package.

It makes me wonder. Why are cars coming down from Canada to Oregon? Do we pay more for used cars in the USA? Are there onerous regulations about selling used cars in Canada? Are they allowed to spin the odometer... except that those both looked like new cars, no wear or any signs of use.

If you have a nice used car in Canada, why aren't they selling it in Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 09:54 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,737,417 times
Car prices are directly related to what the market will bear. Market conditions may be different between the 2 markets. However, not sure if there is anything preventing this from happen. For instance, Subaru sells the Gen 5 Outback in Canada with a manual transmission. Only the CVT in the US due to emissions and mileage standards. Could a MT Canadian Outback be brought in and sold here? Probably not. Same thing with the diesel Toyota pickups and Land Cruisers. Or the new Toyota CH-R. None of which are sold here and wouldn't be allowed here.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:36 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Oregon? Oregon and Georgia are known "flip" states. Prospering businesses fixing and reselling cars. I know several small hand dealers, they go to GA routinely to buy auctioned cars there. Craigslist here in PacNW is flooded with cheap OR cars (read - rebuilt).
You know what they say. If it's too good to be true...

Old 03-17-2017, 12:03 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Oregon? Oregon and Georgia are known "flip" states. Prospering businesses fixing and reselling cars. I know several small hand dealers, they go to GA routinely to buy auctioned cars there. Craigslist here in PacNW is flooded with cheap OR cars (read - rebuilt).
You know what they say. If it's too good to be true...
Cars from southern climates have minimal rust which makes them desirable to folks up north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive