Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 10:21 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,175,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That Hyundai Genesis comes in a 4dr version=2017 Hyundai Genesis G80 Winchester VA
Genesis G80 is a nice car. Comes very well equipped for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Your exact words:

I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car, not by buying a phallus on wheels
OP's cover got blown right there.
No amount of protesting on his part or saying he was misunderstood is going to change that.

Too bad they don't still build Saabs. They were "The Most Intelligent Car Ever Built".

Last edited by eaton53; 04-30-2017 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-30-2017, 10:52 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,209,777 times
Not practical, but sleek and fun - Mazda MX-5 Miata with convertible hardtop:

Old 04-30-2017, 11:25 AM

1,269 posts, read 1,223,627 times
Women (even chicks) admire intelligence, so no matter what car you drive it should be one which reflects that you made a smart decision. If you chose it for a dumb reason, then what other dumb decisions will you make in the future?

Old 04-30-2017, 11:56 AM

14,530 posts, read 19,996,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That Hyundai Genesis comes in a 4dr version=2017 Hyundai Genesis G80 Winchester VA
Thanks, you are on my list! And thanks for the link too, very handy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
"Smart Chix" give about 5 seconds thought to your car dude Whereas 'smart dudes" spend months watching videos, testing different cars, and endless hours of stressing and discussing with friends before picking out what they like.

I'm guessing a 2 or 3 series Beemer might qualify for you. I would go with a Camaro SS for me.
Yeah, I'm not going to spend months on my computer, I'm going to visit lots and make a list of my best picks, then do a bit of checking to winnow the list, then back to the lots, and a last visit to target the exact make and model. Then a bit of research where I can get the best price. My CU has a buying service that guarantees better than I can personally negotiate. Weeks, not months. And I am very good at quickly making important financial decisions. -- Camaro SS on the list, Beamer probably too spendy but it won't hurt me to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
Smart women like men who can make their own decisions. ��

Mae
I'm very fortunate to have a cute woman who is not only smart enough to run her own business (for many years) but who also likes me. I'm not going to pick apart why she likes me. All I care is that we like each other and have been friends for years. And I'm sure most smart people know that being friends before being lovers is very important in relationships. With time the heat of love may mellow out, but good friends can always be good friends forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Get a Jeep Cherokee limited v6.
Not into that type of car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I have a suggestion for the OP (not that I expect it will be taken): Although you claim to be a feminist, you continue to base your entire thread on your stereotype of women. Stop it, and stop calling women "chicks".

When it comes down to it, you want a practical car with certain requirements (room for your dog, etc.) and styling that appeals to you. There are plenty of cars on the market that meet those criteria. If you're going to eliminate anything that doesn't meet your idea of sleek and stylish maybe you should start by just looking at pictures online and only pursue the ones that you like the looks of? Then you can go from there to look at reliability, fuel economy, and so forth.
My GF in real life does not object to the term. I'll go with real life in this case. I'm not into alt-left feminism.

There will come the day that I start walking the lots, probably June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
My Prius and Leaf impress the "Chix" that I'm most interested in.
What is a Leaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They don't even like you for that, but that's a discussion for another time I suppose.
I know the reasons why the women who like me like me. I have no need to go into it. But for sure they (and I) possess a good sense of humor, and not one has ever objected to the term chick. Perhaps it's different in person or different in real life. Or different on the West Coast where casual is the rule an most of us hang loose. Might also be more in favor for baby boomers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Baustian View Post
Women (even chicks) admire intelligence, so no matter what car you drive it should be one which reflects that you made a smart decision. If you chose it for a dumb reason, then what other dumb decisions will you make in the future?
I may have misspoke. Everybody suffers foot in mouth disease in a careless post.

I hope any woman I date rates me on my personality, my friendship, our relationship. A car is just a thing to get you from here to there. As long as it's not an old clunk and is clean and in reasonably good shape, any car will be fine. It's not the car that makes the man, it's the man that makes the car. For a woman IMO it is the man who counts, not his ride.

I expect if I show up for a date driving a stake bed truck full of gardener's tools that might be a problem for my target audience of women I wish to date!

I date mostly women who own and operate their own businesses, or are investors. I fall in both categories. We already start with something in common!

Old 04-30-2017, 12:10 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,088,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Baustian View Post
There's no objective way to judge this.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
There's no objective way to judge this.
I'll accept the entire gestalt of all that is me as criteria for how women judge me as dating material or not. But in the scheme of things as long as I drive a reasonably presentable auto I doubt my ride will have much effect unless I'm driving a junker or a basher.

A perceptive woman would base her choices on personality, attitude, shared interests and attitudes, mutual attractedness (in a sexual and personality way), fun to be with, sense of humor, character traits, personal hygiene, grooming, manner and mode of dressing. And really, I think men are far more shallow than women in regard to beauty, in that men often focus more on looks while women focus more on the inner man and how comfortable that man makes them feel. At least that is what I have gathered as I have tried to fathom why women liked me... or not. But in the end only a woman can fully answer that, and I am a man. Right or wrong, that is what I understand.

Just one thing to add: I truly believe that I generally date women who I perceive as somewhat more attractive women than my own perception of my attractiveness to women. If true there has got to be a good reason for that, and it is my belief that women look for character traits in men as having more importance than surface looks, while men are more shallow and focus too much on external appearance and not on the inner woman. Myself, appearance is important at least to a level (average looks will do it) but I agree with women if they are as I believe, that anybody should focus more on the inner person they are dating, not superficial external appearance, and certainly not on the car they drive.

My conclusion is that the women I date must be basing their like for me on more than just my looks. They must be looking deeper into me, into the person who I am, and they like what they see.

Last edited by Lovehound; 04-30-2017 at 12:42 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 01:01 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,462,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

My GF in real life does not object to the term. I'll go with real life in this case. I'm not into alt-left feminism.
Wait... You've got a girlfriend? And you need to attract more women?

95 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on Dayton Reverse gold spoke Wires, and Fat white walls. Fuzzy dice off the rear view mirror.

Pimpin ain't easy.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wait... You've got a girlfriend? And you need to attract more women?
We have no exclusive dating understanding or arrangement. We enjoy our time together. Neither of us is the jealous type, and we are both busy businesspersons. We both have limited time available for dating. If not both of those we would perhaps date more often.

As it is I haven't asked her if she is dating anybody else. None of my business. And frankly I don't care, as long as her attention is on me while we are together. We have great dates!

She hasn't asked me about my dating. I'm not dating anybody else at present, but would if I met another interesting woman. But again, I'm attracted to smart women, and a woman smart enough to start her own business is the kind of woman that appeals to me. That's also the kind of person who has limited time for a personal life.

I'm happy with my own life. I like being challenged whether business or perhaps anticipating writing a novel I wish to start soon. I'm going to wear out, not rust out.

What? This is a relationship topic now?

Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,462,098 times
Quote:
We have no exclusive dating understanding or arrangement. We enjoy our time together. Neither of us is the jealous type, and we are both busy businesspersons. We both have limited time available for dating. If not both of those we would perhaps date more often.

As it is I haven't asked her if she is dating anybody else. None of my business. And frankly I don't care, as long as her attention is on me while we are together. We have great dates!

She hasn't asked me about my dating. I'm not dating anybody else at present, but would if I met another interesting woman. But again, I'm attracted to smart women, and a woman smart enough to start her own business is the kind of woman that appeals to me. That's also the kind of person who has limited time for a personal life.

I'm happy with my own life. I like being challenged whether business or perhaps anticipating writing a novel I wish to start soon. I'm going to wear out, not rust out.

What? This is a relationship topic now?
With all the diseases out there... that chit makes my skin crawl. Whatever floats your boat I guess...

Like I said 95 Fleetwood Brougham On Dayton gold spoke wires. Or a 66/67 Coupe Deville Convertible. Pimpin Aint Easy.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:37 PM

7,991 posts, read 10,335,743 times
Quote:
People just keep up with this idea and I've said about two dozen times now I'm not buying a car to impress women. My statement was that women (particularly smart ones like my businesswoman GF) impress me with their smarts. I want to be smart like them instead of buying my next car on testosterone.

I never ONCE mentioned that I wanted to impress women with a stupid object like a car. If a woman got impressed with my car I'd go find a smarter, less shallow woman.

Yeah I was there in my 20s with my Corvette and my Triumph M/C. I've outgrown penismobiles.
A quote from your original post, "I'm looking to impress chicks." So are you looking to impress women or not?

And it's nice to see that you've outgrown "penismobiles." Now if you would just outgrow referring to women as chicks, then you'd surpass the mental maturity of a 16 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.