Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 09:10 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,186,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i do happen to live just 300 yards from a church with a large parking lot .. she just so happens to be here at this very moment asleep on the couch .. i will make a final offer to have it towed anywhere withing 20 miles and pay the tow bill .. i have put up more signs this morning and taken pictures of the car with the { NO PARKING } sign in the background ... she does not have a permanent address .. she lives week to week with whoever will accept her briefly .. her car is her storage bin for all her belongings and her reason to keep coming here
What are you getting out of helping her? She seems to be someone that takes but never gives back. Not exactly the kind of person I would want in my life. This is not a friend, this is someone that is using your home when she can and leaving her junk on your property. The car would be history if it was sitting in my driveway. Around here places will pay you for the scrap. I sold a car once to a scrap place and got $150 for it. It was a car that I owned though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 10:58 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,041,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i do happen to live just 300 yards from a church with a large parking lot .. she just so happens to be here at this very moment asleep on the couch .. i will make a final offer to have it towed anywhere withing 20 miles and pay the tow bill .. i have put up more signs this morning and taken pictures of the car with the { NO PARKING } sign in the background ... she does not have a permanent address .. she lives week to week with whoever will accept her briefly .. her car is her storage bin for all her belongings and her reason to keep coming here
Dude, you're at risk for more than car storage if you let her keep her stuff there and come over any time to sleep. If you think you're having trouble getting her car removed, wait until she claims to be a resident and you have to get her removed. Are you one of those persons that "accept her briefly" now and then? Are you sleeping with her, too?

If it comes down to a legal issue, it isn't what you know but what you can prove. Forget about "telling" her anything. You've done that. You need to notify her properly in writing with specific demands and deadlines.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,041,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What are you getting out of helping her?
I'm thinking it's a three letter word that starts with an S and ends with an X. Even if not, that's what everyone is going to believe (as in cops, judges, and juries) if she decides to claim that.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:02 PM

11,026 posts, read 7,750,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm thinking it's a three letter word that starts with an S and ends with an X. Even if not, that's what everyone is going to believe (as in cops, judges, and juries) if she decides to claim that.
She's teaching him to play the saxophone?

Old 05-04-2017, 04:16 PM

3,482 posts, read 723,946 times
her boyfriend said yesterday he will make an attempt to get it running .. i`m sure it will be me fixing it though ..

Old 05-04-2017, 04:36 PM

17,106 posts, read 56,712,890 times
How do you know it's a cracked head and not just head gasket?

To me, in the picture you posted it's a Lexus and looks too good to scrap to me.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:58 PM

3,482 posts, read 723,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
How do you know it's a cracked head and not just head gasket?

To me, in the picture you posted it's a Lexus and looks too good to scrap to me.
actually we dont know which .. it`s just getting water in a cylinder and steaming out the exhaust .. it`s a 98 lexus .. was a beautiful car when she got it .. then she showed it to some old friends who proceeded to kick dents all over the body .. then left the sunroof open in a thunderstorm and molded the leather interior which she cut out with a razor knife ..she does not know where the back seat is .. she had a friend attempt to put a stereo in and he butchered up the wiring so that even the brake lights wont work anymore ..all the interior trim is missing or broken as she tried to remove it and paint it all pink .. the water pump has leaked for about 6 months and is why it leaked all the coolant out when she loaned it to her mother who did not know to add water every 50 miles ... her mother also broke one of the bling bling shiny chrome wheels as you can see a different one on the rear .. all the center caps went missing withing the first week she got it .. you can see the monstrous dent above and just behind the front wheel .. you cant see the same looking dent on the other side .. you cant see all the key scratches cause i did my best to touch them up .. the sun roof still does not fit and is leaking as it is pouring rain at this very moment ...

Old 05-04-2017, 06:11 PM

17,106 posts, read 56,712,890 times
Well, I guess you can't fix stupid. Probably was a decent car when she bought it.

Gal needs different friends, and to isolate from her toxic family.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:16 PM

15,395 posts, read 25,628,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Why would you call the police about a civil matter? They don't have enough time to deal with all the criminals out there. The car is on his property with his permission. It's not a police matter. Call a tow company and have it removed if the owner doesn't remove by the deadline set. It's really that simple.
Did you even read my post? It said why. To ask for advice, ie. what the OP can do about the issue. I didn't say to get the police involved.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:48 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,236,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
Call your local police, and tell them there is an abandoned vehicle on your property. Ask them what you should do.
I actually had to do this once. I bought a house from an estate. The nephew of one of the owners had parked a car in the back entrance to the house and left it there. I was assured at the sale closing that it would be moved that week. Of course it didn't happen. I didn't even know the name of the owner, or contact info for the executor who sold the house to me. The license plate had been removed from the car, which is what led me to believe the owner had no intent to have the car moved. I started with their Realtor. She told me to call the police. I did and when I said the car had no license plate, they agreed to tow the car and take it to the county impound lot. Didn't cost me a dime. I never heard another word about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive